公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第619期:艾伦·艾尔达2015卡内基梅隆大学毕业演讲(3)
日期:2020-11-13 10:58

(单词翻译:单击)

For instance, my grandson, Scott, is graduating today and that's very real.
譬如我的外孙斯科特,他今天毕业,这是真实的。
That's real to me and so is the fact that he'll be entering my field.
这对我来说是事实,而他将会进入我这行也是事实。
He's gonna be facing a lot of uncertainty.
他将会面临很多不确定性。
But, you know, uncertainty is not always a bad thing.
但是你们知道,不确定性并不总是坏事。
In fact, I kind of welcome uncertainty.
事实上,某种程度上我是欢迎不确定性的。
I think, instead of resisting it, you can surf uncertainty.
我想,与其抗拒不确定性,不如你们去探索它。
You keep your balance, stay agile, expect the unexpected bumps.
你们保持平衡,保持灵活,期待着意外的撞击。
It's harder to do when uncertainty comes at you like a tsunami, but it's a good principle to live by.
当不确定的事情像海啸般扑向你们时,想这么做会更难,但这却是一个很好的生存法则。

艾伦·艾尔达2015卡内基梅隆大学毕业演讲

The thing is it's not just Scott who's gonna be going out facing uncertainty in his chosen field.
关键是,将要走出去在自己选择的领域面对不确定性的不只有斯科特。
Every one of you here today is gonna face uncertainty. It's gonna hit you.
你们在座的每一位都会面临。它将袭击你们。
You'll face it no matter what you do and, sometimes, it'll make you rethink what you're doing.
不管你们做什么,你们都会面对它,而且有时候,它会促使你们重新思考自己的所作所为。
And here's an interesting thing.
给你们讲一件有趣的事。
Uncertainty usually comes from the outside, but sometimes it can come from your own heart.
不确定的事情通常来自外界,但有时也来自你们的内心。
If you suddenly are up against a situation where you remember what your own principles are,
如果你们突然面临一种情况,你们知道自己的原则是什么,
what your values are, sometimes the choice can be difficult.
知道自己的价值观是什么,但有时作决定是很艰难的。

分享到