公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第576期:米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲(3)
日期:2020-06-10 11:06

(单词翻译:单击)

And that's, as the President said, why I'm here today.
正如总统所说,这是我今天来这里的原因。
As he mentioned, my office did this wonderful competition to highlight colleges
他提到,我的办公室举办了这次精彩的竞争,
that are helping underserved young people graduate from high school and then go on to higher education.
彰显那些帮助缺少教育资源的年轻人学校帮助这些年轻人从高中毕业,然后继续深造。
So by providing tutoring and ACT prep classes, financial aid workshops, and so much more,
因此,通过提供辅导和接受承诺疗法(ACT)预备课程,经济援助工作组,还有很多其他方法,
your Ninde Scholars Program stood out as a shining example of how schools like Oberlin can lift first-generation students into college.
你们的Ninde学者计划十分出色,是欧柏林学院这类学校如何成功让第一代学生(家庭中第一个上大学的学生)升入大学的光辉典范。
So I'm here today because I'm proud of you all. I really am.
今天我来到这里,因为我为你们每个人感到自豪。我确实如此。
I'm inspired by your commitment to service and social justice.
你们对社会服务和社会正义的付出让我备受启发。

米歇尔·奥巴马2015欧柏林学院毕业演讲

And I'm impressed by the community that you all have created here
你们所创造的这个社区让我印象深刻,
a warm, supportive, inclusive community that embodies the values that define this school.
这是一个温暖的、热情互助的、包容的社区,体现了这所学校的价值观。
And even amidst the joy and excitement of graduation,
即使在毕业的喜悦和兴奋之中,
I know that you may be feeling some real sadness about leaving this community behind.
我知道你们仍然有些真正的伤感,因为你们要离开这个社区了。
You may also be feeling some real anxiety about venturing out into the world beyond these walls.
你们可能对于走入墙外的世界感到一些真正的焦虑。
And I'm not going to lie to you -- for many of you, this is going to be a pretty big transition.
我不打算对你们撒谎,对于你们中的很多人,这是一个非常大的转折。
In fact, I think Dr. Martin Luther King described it well in his commencement address in '65 when he declared,
事实上,我想马丁·路德·金博士在1965届毕业生的演讲中已经说过,
"Today you bid farewell to the safe security of the academic environment.
“今天,你要告别安全的学术环境。
You prepare to continue your journey on the clamorous highways of life."
你要准备好在喧嚣的人生公路上继续你的旅行。”

分享到