公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第275期:米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学16
日期:2016-03-31 01:20

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

So, you can either choose to use those opportunities

你可以选择使用这些机会

to continue fighting the fights that we've been locked in for decades

继续数十年来人类之间持续的冲突和斗争

or you can choose to reject those old divisions

你也可以选择摒弃这些旧的分化

and embrace folks with a different point of view

拥抱具有不同见解的人们

And if you do that, the latter

如果你按照后面那种做法做了

who knows where it might take you

可以预计 你被引往何方

more importantly, where it might take our country

更重要的 我们的国家会被引往何方

So, those are my three questions

这就是我的三个问题

Who do you want to be?

你想成为谁

How will you serve others?

你将如何服务他人

And who will you include in your lives?

以及你生命中将包含谁

And let me just share just a little secret before I end

在结束演讲之前 请允许我分享一点秘籍

As someone who has hired and managed hundreds of young people over the course of my career

作为曾经招募并管理过成百上千位年轻人的人

the answers to those questions, believe

我负责任地告诉你们 以上问题的答案

me are far more important than you can ever imagine

肯定比你们想象的要重要得多

Whether it was during my time as a lawyer, as an administrator at a University

不管我是作为律师 作为学校管理者

a nonprofit manager, even now as First Lady

作为非盈利机构管理者 还是现在作为第一夫人

I have never once ask someone I was interviewing

我从来就没要求过我所面试的人

to explain a test score or a grade in a class

解释一次考试的分数或一门课的成绩

Never

从未有过

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介

本视频是美国总统夫人米歇尔·奥巴马在东肯塔基大学2013年毕业典礼上的演讲。东肯塔基大学在美国以为退伍军人提供帮扶和大学教育而著名,并因此获得白宫的关注。米歇尔在东肯塔基大学的演讲围绕服务这一主题,鼓励毕业生秉承东肯塔基大学的传统服务精神。同时,她希望学生能与不同于自己的人多交流,敞开思想,这样才不至于会固执己见、陷入偏执。

分享到
重点单词
  • embracev. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉 n. 拥抱
  • scoren. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱 vt. 记分,刻划,划线,
  • administratorn. 管理人,行政官