公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第31期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(12)
日期:2014-11-26 18:02

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

She was emaciated and on the verge of death
她很消瘦 离死亡已不遥远
and her intestines were not holding anything
她的肚子里已经无法容纳任何东西
and so the workers had put a pan under her bed,
义工们不得不将床板切一个洞
cut a hole in bottom of the bed,
并将盆子放到床下
and everything in her was just pouring out into that pan.
她体内的一切就这样倾泻到盆子里
I could tell that she had AIDS.
我可以看出 她患有艾滋病
Both in the way she looked
她有一些症状
and the fact that she was off in this corner alone.
而且被安排在这个孤独的角落里更说明了这一点
The stigma of AIDS is vicious,
艾滋病的污名是恶劣的
especially for women.
特别是对于女性
And the punishment is abandonment.
而惩罚便是被抛弃
When I arrived at her cot,
我到了她的病床前
I suddenly felt completely and totally helpless.
我感到的是完全的无助
I had absolutely nothing I could offer this woman.
我没有什么能给这位女性的
I knew I couldn't save her.
我没办法挽救她的生命
But I didn't want her to be alone.
但我不忍看到她那么孤独
So I knelt down with her and put my hand out.
于是跪在她身旁 把手伸给她
She reached for my hand and grasped it and she wouldn't let it go.
她抓住我的手 久久不愿放开
I didn't speak her language. And I couldn't think of what I should say to her.
我不会讲她的语言 我也不知道该对她说什么
And finally I just said to her, it's going to be okay.
最后我只能说 没事的
It's going to be okay. It's not your fault.
没事的 这不是你的错

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
本视频是比尔·盖茨和夫人梅琳达·盖茨在斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼上的演讲。整个演讲以“乐观”为主线,强调了他们对科技的乐观态度,以及对世界美好未来的乐观态度。盖茨夫妇轮流讲述了自己的亲身经历和故事,告诉学生应该站在他人的立场上,感同身受那些处境不及自己的人,尽自己所能去帮助那些需要帮助的人,让全世界所有人类同胞都有一样的美好未来。

分享到
重点单词
  • helplessadj. 无助的,无依靠的
  • viciousadj. 恶毒的,恶意的,凶残的,剧烈的,严重的
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • stigman. 耻辱,污名 n. 柱头