公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第564期:梅勒迪斯·维埃拉2015波士顿大学毕业演讲(3)
日期:2020-04-29 14:27

(单词翻译:单击)

Listen, you do not know what's about to hit you. And that's the great thing about life.
听着,你不知道会有什么来打击你。这正是生活的美妙之处。
How boring would the journey be if you already knew for sure the final destination?
如果你已经确切地知道最终的目的地,那这趟旅程将会变得多么无聊!
Listen, you're terriers. When terriers go for a car ride, they don't know where they're going.
听着,你们就是梗犬。梗犬乘车兜风的时候,它们不知道自己要去哪儿。
They don't care where they're going.
它们也不在乎自己将去哪儿。
They stick their head out the window; they let the wind rush over them and they enjoy the ride.
它们把脑袋探出车窗,任由风吹拂着自己,享受着兜风的乐趣。
That's faith. Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
这就是信心。在你甚至还没看见整个楼梯的时候,信心就带你迈出了第一步。
I never intended to become a broadcaster. It wasn't even on my radar screen.
我以前从未打算成为一名播音员,那甚至都不在我关注的范围内。
When I was a senior in college, I was a lost English major.
大四的时候,我还是一个迷失了方向的英语专业学生。
I think those are the same thing, right?
我认为对你们来说也是一样,对吗?

梅勒迪斯·维埃拉2015波士顿大学毕业演讲

Really didn't know what I was gonna do.
当时真的不知道自己将要做什么。
My mother actually sent me to secretarial school the summer before,
实际上,毕业前一年的夏天我母亲就把我送到了一所文秘学校,
because she said, "You're not coming home; no matter what."
因为据她所说,“反正不管怎样,你也不会回家。”
But I took a course, my senior year, January, in radio broadcasting, a few months before graduation.
但在我大四那年的一月份,也就是毕业前几个月,我参加了一个关于电台广播的课程。
A visiting professor from CBS News, after hearing my voice on tape, pulled me aside, and to my utter disbelief,
一位来自哥伦比亚广播公司新闻部的客座教授听过我的录音带后,把我拉到一边,令我完全不敢相信的是,
told me I had a future in broadcast journalism and offered me an internship at WEEI when it used to be an all-news radio station.
他说我日后会在广播新闻领域有所成就,还给我提供了在WEEI实习的机会,那时WEEI还是一个全新闻广播电台。
For whatever reason, mostly because no one had ever told me that I would amount to anything, basically, I said yeah, OK.
不管出于什么原因,最主要的还是因为从来没有人说过我会成为什么样的人,于是我接受了。
I took the first step, albeit blindly, and it put me on the path to where I am today.
我迈出了第一步,虽然很盲目,但这一步带我在这条道路上走到了今天。

分享到