公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第30期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(11)
日期:2014-11-25 15:14

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Many of these women had been abandoned by their husbands.
她们很多人都被丈夫抛弃了
That's why they even went into prostitution.
不得已靠卖身为生
They wanted to be able to feed their children.
她们必须想办法养活自己的孩子
They were so low in the eyes of society
她们在社会的眼中如此卑贱 以致于
that they could be raped and robbed and beaten by anyone, even the police,
任何人 甚至警察都可以随意强奸 抢劫和殴打她们
and nobody cared.
但却没人关心
Talking to them about their lives was so moving to me,
同她们的对话让我动容
but what I remember most was how much they wanted to be touched.
我印象最深刻的是 她们很希望同人接触
They wanted to touch me and to be touched by them.
她们希望接触我 也希望我接触她们
It was if physical contact
似乎只有通过这种身体接触
somehow proved their worth.
她们才能体会到自己的存在价值
And so before I left,
于是我在离开之前
we linked arms hand in hand and did a photo together.
同她们手拉着手照了合影
Later that same day,
还是那一天
I spent some time in India in a home for the dying.
我后来又去了一所垂死之家
I walked into a large hall and I saw rows and rows of cots
我走过大厅 看到一排排病床
and every cot was attended to except for one, that was far off in the corner.
每张病床都有人照料 除了角落里的那张略显孤独
And so I decided to go over there.
于是我决定过去看看
The patient who was in this room was a woman in her 30s.
床上是一位三十多岁的女性
And I remember her eyes.
我深深记得她的眼睛
She had these huge, brown, sorrowful eyes.
她有一对充满悲伤的棕色大眼睛

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
本视频是比尔·盖茨和夫人梅琳达·盖茨在斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼上的演讲。整个演讲以“乐观”为主线,强调了他们对科技的乐观态度,以及对世界美好未来的乐观态度。盖茨夫妇轮流讲述了自己的亲身经历和故事,告诉学生应该站在他人的立场上,感同身受那些处境不及自己的人,尽自己所能去帮助那些需要帮助的人,让全世界所有人类同胞都有一样的美好未来。

分享到
重点单词
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..