公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第492期:克里斯托弗·诺兰2015普林斯顿大学毕业演讲(9)
日期:2019-10-11 19:40

(单词翻译:单击)

And we use words, slippery words, like algorithm.
我们使用词汇,花哨的词汇,比如说算法这个词。
Okay, now if you hear someone use the word 'algorithm',
如果你听到有人用“算法”这个词,
and they're not a mathematics professor or a computer scientist,
而且他们不是数学教授,也不是计算机科学家,
they're probably trying to obscure what it is they actually do, what their company does.
他们可能在试图掩盖他们实际上在做什么,他们的公司在做什么。
At the very least they're trying to evade any responsibility for what it is that their company does or what it is they actually does.
至少他们在试图逃避他们的公司或者他们个人应该负的责任。
I would love for you to be suspicious of this.
我希望你们能对此有所怀疑。

克里斯托弗·诺兰2015普林斯顿大学毕业演讲

I would love for you to look at fundamentals, to look at what are we really doing in the world,
我希望你们去了解基本原理,了解我们在这个世界上到底在做什么、
what is the change that is being effected, how can we actually move the ball forward progressively in this way.
受到影响的变化是什么、我们如何才能用这种方式推动世界向前发展。
Oscar Wilde once said, the old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything.
奥斯卡·王尔德曾经说过,老年人相信一切,中年人怀疑一切,青年人通晓一切。
You do know everything.
你们正处于什么都知道的年纪。
I'm clearly in my suspicious phase.
我显然处在我的怀疑阶段。
And I'd love to impart some of that to you because I think there's an enormous amount of work to be done.
我很乐意告诉你们其中的一些,因为我认为我们还有大量的工作要做。
And in the great tradition of these speeches, I don't have to tell you how to do it.
在演讲的这项悠久的传统中,我不需要告诉你们怎么做。
I just have to tell you that it's your problem now.
我只需要告诉你们,现在问题是你们的了。

分享到