公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第589期:拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲(2)
日期:2020-07-23 11:16

(单词翻译:单击)

And today, the center of our universe is right here in Chicago, on the Ed Glancy Field.
今天,我们整个世界的中心就在这里,芝加哥埃德葛兰西球场。
Today you, the graduates of this great university, have the right to feel like the new masters of the academic universe.
今天,你们,这所伟大学校的毕业生们,有权利认为自己就是学术界的新大师。
Hard work, boundless energy, relentless curiosity, and incredible talent:
刻苦的工作,无穷的能量,无尽的好奇心,了不起的天赋:
these are some of the qualities that helped you achieve success in the classroom.
这些是帮助你在课堂上取得成功的一些品质。
And these are the same qualities that will help you achieve success
这些品质同样会帮助你获得成功,
and that will bring to bear on some of the world's most exciting challenges.
可以用来迎接全世界最让人激动的挑战。
And believe me, there are plenty of those.
相信我,有很多这样的挑战。

拉加德2015伊利诺伊理工大学毕业演讲

In other words, after having written the prologue,
换句话说,写完了序言之后,
you are now ready to draft your 21st-century legacies in engineering, architecture, business, design, science and technology, and law.
你们现在准备草拟自己21世纪的工程、建筑、商业、设计、科学技术、法律领域的遗产。
What an incredible privilege and what a responsibility!
多么了不起的特权,多么伟大的责任啊!
Of course, many of you already know that the line from college to career is unlikely to be perfectly straight.
当然,你们中的很多人已经知道从大学到职场的路线不可能是一帆风顺的。
It will have ups and downs, plenty of twists and turns, and probably a few of bumps along the way.
这一路几乎必然充满了起伏,有很多曲折,可能还会有一些颠簸。
But many of you will also realize that your starting point could not be better.
但是,你们中的很多人也已经意识到,你们的起点好得不能再好了。
This is why we are here today -- to celebrate the beginning of your journey, the starting point of a new adventure.
这就是我们今天在这里的原因,庆祝你们开始新的旅程,新的探险的起点。
It is a day of hope. It is a day of promise. It is a day of joy.
这是充满希望的一天。这是充满诺言的一天。也是充满快乐的一天。

分享到