迷你对话学地道口语第1996期:旷课,旷工
日期:2020-05-10 19:25

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue:

A: I'm feeling under the weather and not in the mood for doing anything today.

我今天身体不舒服,什么都干不下去。

B: Play hooky. I won't spill the beans.

逃课吧,我不会告诉任何人的。

A: I know, but I can't. I have many assignments to do today. We'll have a test tomorrow, you know.

我知道,可是不行,我今天还有很多功课要做,而且你也知道,我们明天还要考试。

一, 词海拾贝

play hooky

exp. To absent oneself or leave early from school or work when one would normally be required to be there. (逃学,旷工,缺席)

e.g. I was so restless and bored at work that I decided to play hooky after lunch.

我在工作中烦躁不安、百无聊赖,所以午饭后决定旷工。

e.g. That's the last time you play hooky, mister! From now on, I'm dropping you off at school every morning!

先生,这是你最后一次逃学了。从现在起,我每天早上送你上学!

e.g. I don't have time for the sales meeting today, so I think I'll just play hooky.

我今天没有时间参加销售会议,所以我想我只能缺席。

二, 语汇积累

1. under the weather:身体不适

e.g. When you wake up, you feel a little under the weather.

起床时,您觉得身体微恙。

e.g. His father was under the weather last week, but he's all right now.

他的父亲上星期病了,但现在已经好了。

2. spill the beans:说漏嘴,泄密

e.g. You can't keep a secret——you see no reason why you shouldn't spill the beans.

你保守不了秘密—你觉得没有理由非守口如瓶不可。

e.g. Xing, afraid Wang's wife might spill the beans and reveal his connection with the plot, hastily exited.

兴生怕王的妻子守不住嘴,说出这事与自己有关,赶紧溜走。

3. in the mood:兴致勃勃,心情愉快

e.g. To tell the truth he was not really in the mood for anything.

说实在的,他此时干什么事都打不起精神。

e.g. I am not in the mood for a victory parade. We aren't at the end yet.

我现在没有兴致搞凯旋阅兵式,大功尚未告成。

e.g. I answered with a nod, not really in the mood to bother with a small child.

我点点头,没心思搭理一个小孩。

其它:do one’s assignment:做作业

have a test:考试

分享到