迷你对话学地道口语第1887期:卡壳,遇到困难
日期:2019-10-07 10:00

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: I got stuck on this problem.

在这个问题上我卡壳儿了。

B: That's a touchy issue!

这可是个棘手的问题。

A: Don't count on me.

别指望我了。

B: Cheer up, I think you can make it.

振作点,我想你会想出方法解决它的。

第二,词海拾贝

get stuck(遇到困难,陷入困境,进入僵局)

e.g. Trains would fail to run and cars would get stuck.

火车开不成,汽车也走不了。

e.g. I make an early start tomorrow morning so that I won't get stuck in the traffic.

我明天早点动身就可以避免碰上交通阻塞了。

第三,语汇积累

1.count on ( sb. or sth. ):指望,依赖

e.g. You had better not count on an increase in your salary this year.

你今年最好别指望长工资。

e.g. After a broken promise, it is hard to count on a person.

一次失约,再要人相信你就难了。

2.cheer up:振作起来,高兴点

e.g. Cheer up, man. Things are not as bad as you think.

振作点,老兄,情况没你想的那么严重。

e.g. Cheer up. It'll all come right in the end.

高兴点,到头来总会好的。

3.make it (to something)

exp. To arrive (at some thing or location) successfully or on time.(做某事成功,达到预定目标

e.g. We made it to the summit of the mountain.

我们成功的登上了山顶。

e.g. I can't believe we made it—I thought for sure that we would miss the flight!

我真不敢相信我们成功了,我以为我们肯定赶不上飞机了!

e.g. We only made it to the concert a few minutes before it was supposed to begin.

我们只在音乐会开始前几分钟赶到。

a touchy issue:棘手的事情,棘手的问题


分享到