迷你对话学地道口语第1848期:拖延下去
日期:2019-09-12 12:13

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,迷你对话

A:I don't know whether to find a job after graduation or to continue my study abroad.

我拿不定主意毕业后是找份工作还是到国外继续深造。

B:You have been thinking about it for three months. Don't drag on and on about it and it's time for you to make a decision.

这个问题你已经考虑了三个月了。不能一拖再拖了,该做出决定了。

第二,词海拾贝

drag on

exp. To continue for an excessively long time.(拖延)

e.g. This case has dragged on for months. When will it finally end?

这个案子已经拖了好几个月了。什么时候会结束?

e.g. How much longer is this going to drag on?

这事还要拖多久?

e.g. Let's not drag on this discussion, we've got to reach a decision.

这场讨论别拖下去了,我们得作个决定。

e.g. You must act quickly on these matters and not let things drag on.

你办事必须要快,不要拖。

第三,语汇积累

1.think about:考虑,思索

e.g. He sat down to think about how he had gone wrong.

他坐下来,开始思考自己怎样犯的错误。

e.g. Don't think about that job, Mary has it sewed up.

不要想那份工作,玛丽一定会得到那份工作的。

e.g. Tell me truly what you think about it.

把你对这个问题的看法如实地告诉我。

2.make a decision:做出决定

e.g. It's hard to make a decision without knowing all the facts.

不知道全部实情,很难作决定。

e.g. We must look ahead before we make a decision.

我们作出决定之前必须想得远一点。

e.g. The parents are away; no one in the family can make a decision.

父母都出门了,家里没有主事的人。

3.on and on:继续不停地

e.g. She chattered on and on about her recent trip.

她喋喋不休地谈她最近的旅行。

e.g. I know how you feel,but there’s no need to go on and on about it.

我知道你的感受,可是也没必要这样没完没了。

e.g. It was a very long concert. The music went on and on.

音乐会很长,音乐一直不停地演奏着。

分享到