迷你对话学地道口语第1940期:保持平衡不摔倒或滑倒
日期:2019-12-14 17:55

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: Have you finally learned to skate?

你学会滑冰了吗?

B: No. It was very hard for me to keep my feet on the ice.

没有,我很难在冰上站稳。

A: Don't lose heart. You'll succeed in the end.

不要丧失信心,你最终会学会的。

B: I hope so.

但愿吧!

第二, 词汇拾贝

keep one’s feet

exp. To maintain one's balance; to avoid falling or tripping.(保持平衡不要摔倒或滑倒)

e.g. It wasn't until the second day on the boat that I was able to keep my feet during one of these storms.

直到在船上的第二天,我才能够在一场暴风雨中站稳了脚。

e.g. He has just been recovered from illness and is so weak that he can hardly keep his feet.

他病刚好, 虚弱得站不稳。

The frozen snow was so slippery that it was hard to keep one's feet.

冰雪溜滑, 人们很难站稳。

e.g. The sea was so rough that even the crew found it difficult to keep their feet.

海浪汹涌,甚至连船员们都难以站稳。

第三, 语汇积累

1. lose heart:灰心,气馁

e.g. Although he ran up against many difficulties, he did not lose heart.

虽然他碰到了许多困难,但他并不气馁。

e.g. I'll never lose heart even if I should fail ten times.

即使失败十次,我也不灰心。

e.g. Although he failed in this entrance examination, he didn't lose heart.

这次入学考试他虽名落孙山, 但他并不气馁。

2. in the end:最终,最后

e.g. In the end the husband always gained the affection of his wife.

到后来,丈夫总得获得自己妻子的欢心的。

e.g. The bad boy got his just deserts in the end.

这坏孩子最终得到了应有的惩罚。

第四, 口语句型

It is hard for somebody to do something. (最某事对于某人来说很困难。)

e.g. It is hard for me to speak of her at any time.

我任何时候谈起她心里都不好过。

e.g. It's still hard for me to believe that the boy who used to take care of my dog Rover is already a grown man.

对我来说,实在很难相信那个过去时常替我照顾狗儿罗佛的小男孩已经长大成年了。

分享到