迷你对话学地道口语第1941期:祈福好运,祝福好运
日期:2019-12-14 18:24

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: You applied for the scholarship, right?

你申请奖学金了,是吧?

B: Yes, but I'm not sure whether I can with it or not. I'm dreaming of such an opportunity.

是的,但能不能争取到,我没把握,我梦想有这样一个机会。

A: It's really a good chance. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

确实是个好机会,祝你成功。

B: Thank you.

谢谢。

第二, 词汇拾贝

keep one’s fingers crossed (for someone or something)

exp. To wish for luck for someone or something, sometimes by actually crossing one's fingers. (祝福好运,祈福好运)

e.g. I hope you win the race Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

我希望你能赢得星期六的比赛,祝你成功。

e.g. Good luck with your driving test. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

希望你驾驶考试顺利,祝你成功。

e.g. —— I'm trying out for a play. —— Keep your fingers crossed!

—— 我在试演一部戏剧。—— 希望一切尽如人意。

e.g. Keep your fingers crossed that I get the job.

祝愿我找到那项工作吧。

变异:cross one’s finger

e.g. Cross your fingers that this is the package we've been waiting for.

但愿这就是我们一直在等的包裹。

e.g. I've been crossing my fingers for you—did you get the job?

我一直在为你祈祷——你得到那份工作了吗?

第三, 语汇积累

1. apply for:申请

e.g. Oh, I just remembered something! I have to apply for a passport.

喔,我刚刚想起一件事!我需要去申请一个护照。

e.g. My friends urged that I (should) apply for the job.

朋友们力劝我申请那份工作。

e.g. You can' t apply for the job until you have satisfied certain conditions.

符合某些条件前,你不能申请这个工作。

2. dream of:梦想

e.g. Her dream of visiting Australia came true.

她访问澳大利亚的梦想实现了。

e.g. He nursed the dream of becoming a great writer.

他抱有成为大作家的梦想。

分享到