迷你对话学地道表达第1308期:最低点,最低谷
日期:2018-11-21 13:13

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 迷你对话

A: My personal life has hit rock button.

我的个人生活跌入了低谷。

B: Why say that? Just because Carl left you?

为什么这样说?就因为Carl离开了你?

A: Could it be said that this is not enough?

难道还不够吗?

B: I know you have deep feeling with him. But we should face the reality.

我知道你对他有很深的感情,但是我们要面对现实。

A: What is the reality? Why he left me? I cannot understand.

什么是现实?他为什么要离开我?我不明白。

B: Please love yourself at first. You can wait for him, all of these things are all up to you.

先管好自己吧,你可以等他嘛,这一切事情都靠你自己把握。

第二, 地道表达

1. 表达法

rock button:最低谷,最低点

2. 拓展范例

e.g. Her life has hit the rock button because he failed in her dancing career.

她的生活陷入了最低谷,因为她的舞蹈生涯失败了。

e.g. This is the rock-button price and any further reduction is out of the question.

这是最低价,无法再进一步降低。

第三, 好词妙语

have deep feeling with:与……有深厚的感情

e.g. Mary had deep feeling with John at the age of 16. No wonder that they will get married in one week.

Mary 和John在13岁就有深厚的感情了。他们在一周后结婚也不足为奇。

face the reality:面对现实

e.g. You must face the reality. It's impossible to avoid all difficulties, no matter how hard you try.

你必须面对现实,无论你怎么努力,困难想绕是绕不过去的。

be up to:取决于……

e.g. It is up to you to decide when we will start.

这该有你来决定我们什么时候出发。

e.g. Prevention of forest fires is up to you.

森林防火是你们的责任。

第四, 口语表达

中文:难道说这还不够呛吗?

翻译:Could it be said that this is not enough?

分享到