迷你对话学地道口语第1995期:欺负人
日期:2020-05-10 19:21

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue:

A: Why did you pick on your little classmates?

你为什么老找小同学的麻烦?

B: I didn't.

我没有!

A: You're telling a lie. Your teacher has told me all about it.

你说谎,你的老师把一切都告诉我了。

B: All of you misunderstood me!

你们都误会我了。

一, 词海拾

pick on

exp. To harass, bully, or tease one. (欺负,找人的麻烦

e.g. If kids are picking on you at school, you need to tell me or your teacher about it.

如果孩子们在学校欺负你,你要告诉我或你的老师。

e.g. Why do you always pick on me to do such a difficult task ?

你为什么总是挑我做这种困难的工作?

e.g. Don't pick on officials, don't snort at their preachings. They have their problems too.

别瞧着当官的就有气,别瞧着当官的号令就腻烦,人家也有一本难念的经。

e.g. What nonsense! Everyone has something made in Japan on him. But they have to pick on our family to make trouble!

真是岂有此理,哪一个人身上没有东洋货,却偏偏找定了我们家来生事!

e.g. He told the others, "Don't pick on someone because he keeps to himself. If you make trouble, I'll kick you all out!”

他对其他人说:“别瞧谁老实就欺侮谁,招急了我把你们全踢出去!”

二, 语汇积累

1. tell a lie:说谎

e.g. She wouldn' t scruple to tell a lie if she thought it would be useful.

她只要认为说谎有利,就连犹豫都不犹豫。

e.g. He suddenly thought that lately he hadn't even been able to tell a lie.

他忽然想:他近来连撒谎都不会了。

e.g. It was audacious of him to tell me a downright lie.

他真有勇气,敢向我撒了个弥天大谎。

2. tell sb. all about sth.:告诉某人一切,告诉某人某事的原委

e.g. She made him tell all about his past love affairs.

她强迫他渐说出来他过去所有的恋爱艳事。

e.g. If I were to tell you all about him you would be surprised.

假如我把他的情况全都告诉你,你会吃惊的。

e.g. In the evening she used to welcome him home and ask him to tell her all about his day.

在晚上的时候,她总是迎接他回家并要求他告诉她他一天的情况。

分享到