迷你对话学地道口语第1976期:一件不轻松的事情
日期:2020-04-22 20:49

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: He always treats his homework as a piece of cake.

他总认为家庭作业十分容易。

B: But you know, our chemistry teacher's homework is no picnic.

但你知道,化学老师的作业可没这么轻松。

A: Yeah, when he did experiments, he nearly set hte house on fire.

可不是,他做实验时差点把房子烧了。

B: I bet he'll learn from it.

我想他会吸取教训的。

A: I hope so. But he always takes pride in his cleverness.

但愿如此,可他对自己的那份聪明骄傲不已。

第二, 词汇拾贝

no picnic:不容易的事,一件不轻松的事情

e.g. Bringing up a family when you are unemployed is no picnic.

失了业又要养家, 这可不是容易的事情。

e.g. To finish such a ball breaker within five days is no picnic.

要在五天内完成这么艰巨的一个任务并非易事。

e.g. During World War II my uncle was at Dunkirk and he says it was certainly no picnic.

第二次世界大战时期,我叔叔正在敦刻尔克,他说那时处境的确非常困难。

e.g. Travel abroad is no picnic.

海外旅行可不是一件轻松的事情。

第三, 语汇积累

1. treat…as…:把……看做……

e.g. Although she's lived there for ten years, the villagers still treat her as an outsider.

她虽然在那儿住了十年,村里人仍视她如外人。

e.g. At first they seemed to treat it as a passing phenomenon.

最初,他们看来只把这事当作暂时的现象。

2. a piece of cake:小菜一碟,容易的事

e.g. We need not have worried about the math exam. It was a piece of cake.

我们本不必担心数学考试,考题很容易的。

e.g. To find the article in these documents is a piece of cake for him.

对他来说,在这些文件中找到那篇文章是轻而易举的事。

3. on fire:着火,起火

e.g. A spark set the woods on fire.

一点火星使整座森林烧了起来。

e.g. An old woman rushed out of the house on fire and squalled.

一个年老妇女从失火的房子里冲了出来大声地喊叫。

4. learn from:从……吸取教训

e.g. We should learn from past mistakes so as to avoid falling into the same old trap again.

我们要从过去的错误中吸取教训, 以免重蹈覆辙。

e.g. We should learn from his mistakes.

我们应该从他的错误中接受教训。

5. take pride in:对……感到骄傲

e.g. As a painter and decorator, I take a pride in my meticulous work.

作为一个油漆工和室内装饰师,我为我这一门精细的手艺而感到自豪。

分享到