迷你对话学地道口语第1937期:正是想要的东西
日期:2019-12-14 13:43

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: Mum, did you see the books I borrowed from Angela?

妈妈,你见过我从安吉拉那儿借来的书吗?

B: Yeah. I put them on the top of the cupboard.

我把它们放到壁柜的最顶层了。

A: Mum, I can't reach the books, could you please do me a favor?

妈妈,我够不着书,帮帮我,好吗?

B: I can't reach them, either. We need a ladder.

我也够不着,我们需要一个梯子。

A: Here's a ladder.

这有个梯子。

B: Just the thing. We'll use that.

正是我们需要的,我们来用吧!

第二, 词海拾贝

just the thing

exp. Exactly what is most ideal, desired, or useful in a particular moment or situation. (正是最理想,最渴望的,最有用的东西)

e.g. I'm telling you, when you're hungover, a big basket of French fries is just the thing!

我告诉你当你宿醉的时候,一大篮薯条就是最用的东西!

e.g. I have just the thing to wear with a dress that color.

穿那种颜色的衣服正是我最渴望的。

e.g. I happened on just the thing I had been looking for.

我偶然发现了我所要找的东西。

e.g. If you want a small screwdriver I've got just the thing here.

如果你要一把小螺丝刀,我这儿正好有一把。

第三, 语汇积累

1. do somebody a favour:帮忙

e.g. Do me a favour and turn the radio down while I'm on the phone, will you?

劳驾,我在打电话,把收音机的声音调小点好吗?

e.g. Please do me a favour and go to the shop for me.

请你帮我一个忙,替我到商店走一趟。

e.g. I've come to ask you to do me a favour. Would you please lend me your notebook computer for a couple of days?

我是来求你帮忙的,你的笔记本电脑能借给我用一两天吗?

2. on the top of:在……的顶上

e.g. At last they saw him emerge on the top of an eminence within hail.

最后,他们看到他在一个山岭上出现了,置身于欢呼之中。

e.g. Kate carried our school banner on the top of a hill.

凯特在山顶上举着我们的校旗。

其它:borrow something from:从……借某物

reach the books:伸手拿得到书籍

分享到