迷你对话学地道口语第1304期:与......交往
日期:2018-11-21 11:18

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,迷你对话

A: I am not a name dropper like Jim.

我和Jim 不一样,不是一个到处留名的人。

B: No, he isn’t. He just likes to rub elbows with people who are interested in art.

不,他也不是。他只是想和有艺术兴趣的人交往。

A: I do not want to argue with you. When I talked to him, I would think he has dinner with our President once a week.

我不想和好你争论。当我和他谈话时,他给我一种印象——他是每周和我们总经理共进晚餐的人。

B: How come you have such an impression of him? I think he is all right.

你怎么会对他有这种印象呢?我认为他倒不错。

第二,地道表达

1. 表达法:

rub elbows with :与……交往

2. 拓展范例

e.g. He likes to rub elbows with important people. It gives him a feeling that he's important too.

他喜欢与要人交往,这使他感觉到自己也显要起来。

e.g. If you travel across America by bus, you rub elbows with all sorts of people. You'll meet older retired people, young students and others who ride the bus because it's cheaper than flying.

要是你乘长途汽车到美国各地旅行的话,你就会接触到各种人。你会碰到退了休的老年人、年轻的学生等。他们坐长途汽车是因为这比乘飞机便宜。

第三,好词秒语

a name dropper:喜欢留名的人

e.g. Most social climbers are name-droppers.

绝大部分削尖脑袋往上流社会钻营的人,大多喜欢提著名人士的名字。

be interested in:对……感兴趣

e.g. Among all the merchandise, I was interested in the cotton piece in particular.

在所有商品中, 我对棉布特别感兴趣。

argue with:和……争吵

e.g. Don't argue with me, my decision is final.

不要和我争辩了,我的决定是最终决定。

have an impression of:对……有一种印象

e.g. Please send me also your Portfolio that I have an impression of your previous work.

请给我你的投资组合,我也有你以前的工作的印象。

e.g. Usually, when we see or talk to a person we have an impression of this person.

当看见一个人或者与一个人交谈的时候,我们通常会对这个人有印象。

once a week:一周一次

e.g. Each student has to hand in a composition once a week.

每个学生每周必须交一篇作文。

分享到
重点单词
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • merchandisen. 商品,货物 v. 经营,推销,销售,经商
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • compositionn. 作文,著作,组织,合成物,成份
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • portfolion. 文件夹,作品集,证券投资组合