迷你对话学地道口语第1672期:别灰心 ,别气馁
日期:2020-04-20 19:08

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: You look rather down these days. What's the matter?

你最近看起来闷闷不乐,怎么回事?

B: I failed in the exam on mathematies again. I have tried my best. Maybe I am not cut out for it.

我的数学又没及格,我已经尽了最大的努力,也许我天生就不适合学数学。

A: Never say die. You have made some progress, haven't you? Keep studying and you'll succeed in the end.

别气馁,你不是已经有所进步了吗?坚持下去,你一定会成功的。

B: Thanks for your encouragement.

谢谢你的鼓励。

第二, 词海拾贝

Never say die. (别灰心,别气馁)

e.g. Never say die!We might still get there on time.

别泄气,我们仍有可能按时赶到那里。

e.g. No matter how many things go wrong, never say die—we'll find a way to finish this on time.

不管出了多少岔子,别灰心,我们会想出办法按时完成的。

e.g. ——I'll never be any good at guitar. ——Hey, never say die! You just need to practice.

——我永远也弹不好吉他。——嘿,永不言败!你只需要练习。

e.g. ——I don't think I can finish this project in time. ——Never say die.

——我想我不能按时完成这个项目。——别灰心。

第三, 语汇积累

1. look down:看起来垂头丧气的

You look down today. What's wrong with you?

你今天看起来闷闷不乐,出了什么事?

2. try one’s best:尽力

e.g. I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。

e.g. Well, when you ask me for something reasonable, I always try my best to do it.

唔,当你要求我做一件有理由的事情时,我总是尽我最大的努力去做的。

3. be cut out for:适合于……

e.g. I guess they just weren't cut out for each other.

我想他们只是不适合彼此。

e.g. I don't think I'm cut out for politics.

我信为我不是搞政治的材料。

e.g. "You're going to have your work cut out for you," he said.

他说:“有现成的工作在等着你们。”

4. make progress:取得进步,取得进展

e.g. It was a long time before we seemed to make progress.

好长时间后,我们才似乎有了点儿眉目。

e.g. So you make progress with Miss Barkley?

原来你和巴克莱小姐的关系有进展了?

e.g. Modesty helps one to make progress, conceit makes one lag behind.

虚心使人进步,骄傲使人落后。

分享到