迷你对话学地道口语第1967期:使人勃然大怒,使人大为恼火
日期:2020-04-19 22:13

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A:What happened yesterday? There seemed to be a din.

昨天怎么了?好像挺吵的。

B: One of my roommates came back with several shady-looking guys. They kicked up a din in the dorm. I couldn't put up with that.

我的一名室友带回来几个品行不端的人,他们在寝室里大吵大闹,我实在无法忍受。

A: So they got on your nerves?

他们吵着你了?

B: They made my blood boil. I was so angry with them.

我大为恼火,真是太令人生气了!

第二, 词海拾贝

make one’s blood boil

exp. To cause one to feel extremely angry. (使……大为恼火,使……勃然大怒)

e.g. The fact that he embezzled money from the company for years just makes my blood boil.

他多年来一直侵吞公司的钱,这使我怒不可遏。

e.g. If he goes to visit them, he would be offered hard terms that would make his blood boil.

如果他去见他们,他们会向他提出苛刻的条件,让他气得热血沸腾。

e.g. It just makes my blood boil to think of the amount of food that gets wasted around here.

一想到这里浪费了这么多食物,我就火冒三丈。

e.g. Whenever I think of that dishonest mess, it makes my blood boil.

每当我想到那种不诚实的混乱局面,我就怒火中烧。

第三, 语汇积累

1. kick up a din:大吵大闹

e.g. The young men in the next room kick up a din last night.

昨天夜里隔壁房间的那些年轻人大吵大嚷。

e.g. He kicked up a din when his wife returned home late.

他妻子回家晚了,他便大吵大闹起来。

e.g. I knew they'd only laugh at me if we kicked up a din.

我知道如果我大吵大闹一场,只能引起他们的嘲笑。

2. put up with:忍受

e.g. I don't know how his parents put up with his antics.

我不知道他的父母是如何忍受他的怪异行为。

e.g. I do not know why Strickiand could put up with me.

我不知道为什么思特里克兰德对我能保留着情面。

e.g. He said he could not put up with such internal sabotage any longer.

他说,他再也不能忍受这种从内部来的阴谋活动了。

3. get on one’s nerves:惹怒某人

e.g. Nothing personal, but your voice is really getting on my nerves.

我不是针对你,但你的声音真让我心烦。

e.g. Children get on their parent's nerves by asking so many questions.

孩子们提这么多问题,使他们的父母心烦。

4. be angry with:对……生气

e.g. They were angry with me because I started the strike.

我发动这次罢工,所以他们对我很气恼。

e.g. If you refuse her help because you're angry with her, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

你要是因为跟她赌气而拒绝她的帮助, 那你是自讨苦吃。


分享到