迷你对话学地道口语第1861期:根本不是,远非如此
日期:2019-09-15 10:48

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,迷你对话

A: Your classmates dislike Bill, because he always makes mistakes, He is really a stupid boy.

你的同学都不喜欢比尔,因为他老犯错误。他真是个大笨蛋。

B: Bill is not stupid, far from it, he is pretty smart.

出尔不笨,并且远非如此,他相当聪明。

A: Smart? Are you kidding me?

聪明?你开玩笑的吧?

B: Definitely not. As we know,"A man of great wisdom behaves like a fool." He is this sort of person.

当然不。我们都知道“大智若愚”,他就是这种人。

A: But I cannot find out this point about him.

我可没发现他这一点。

B: Just because you didn't get in touch with him very well.

只不过因为你和他接触得太少。

A: Maybe.

或许吧。

第二,词海拾贝

far from it

exp. Mostly or entirely untrue; not at all.(一点也不,远非如此)

e.g. Do I think you need a new car? Far from it. The old one is fine.

我想你需要一辆新车吗? 远非如此,旧的很好。

e.g. ——Does this hat look strange?—— Far from it. It looks good on you.

——这顶帽子看起来奇怪吗?——远非如此,你戴起来很好看。

——So you're going to stop writing? ——Far from it! I'm just going to be shifting focus on the type of content I write.

——那么,你准备停止写作了?——根本没有,我只是要把注意力转移到我所写内容的类型上。

e.g. I'm no pacifist,far from it, but I don't think this war is justified.

我不是和平主义者,根本就不是这样,我只是觉得这场战争并非是正义的。

第三,语汇积累

1. make a mistake:犯错误

e.g. Read the questions carefully so that you may not make a mistake in the test.

考试时要仔细看清楚题目,以免犯错。

e.g. Will you correct me if I make a mistake, please?

如果我说错了,请你指正我好吗?

2. find out:发现,觉察

e.g. Let's give him line enough and find out what he is doing.

我们对他来个欲擒故纵, 看看他还要干些什么。

e.g. I must find out which of them was in the right.

我一定要搞清楚他们当中谁有理。

e.g. I hope we can find out about it.

我希望我们能查清此事。

3. get in touch with:与某人联系,与某人来往

e.g. We are now sending Comrade him to get in touch with you.

现派他前往你处接洽。

e.g. Something good, but cheap, get in touch with us, will you.

有什么好货,但是得便宜,跟我们打个招呼,怎么样?

第四,短句翻译

1.大智若愚。

译:A man of great wisdom behaves like a fool.

2.我还没发现他这点。

译:I had not found out this point about him.

分享到