迷你对话学地道口语第2030期:打定主意,确立目标
日期:2020-06-15 17:02

(单词翻译:单击)

情景对话:

A: Mum, the teacher asked me what I would like to be when I grew up?

妈妈,老师问我当我长大以后要做什么?

B: How did you answer her?

你怎么说?

A: I said I'd set my sights on becoming a writer. And then the teacher told me to read more great books.

我说我打定主意要当一名作家,然后老师告诉我说要多读名著。

B: That's the best advice.

那是最好的忠告。

第一, 词海拾贝

set one’s sights on

exp. To identify, regard, or focus on someone or something as one's goal. (定力目标,打定主意

e.g. Every since she was a little girl, Janet has set her sights on being a fighter pilot.

从珍妮特还是个小女孩起,她就打定主意做一名战斗机飞行员。

e.g. They're setting their sights on you to be their new head of marketing.

他们打定主意让你成为新的市场总监。

e.g. We have set our sights on a bigger house.

我们一心想买幢大一点的房子。

e.g. Ralph set his sights on getting a law degree from Stanford.

拉尔夫的目标是在斯坦福大学获得法学学位。

第二, 语汇积累

1. would like to do something:想做某事

e.g. You are welcome to any books you would like to borrow.

你想借什么书就随便借好了。

e.g. The shepherd would like to hear the pedigree of your life, father.

爹,羊倌会高兴听听你的身世经历的。

e.g. Mrs. Hunter would like to be always awake-ready for a brawl.

亨特太太喜欢永远醒着——准备大吵大闹。

2. grow up:长大

e.g. That boy needs a firm hand to help him grow up.

那个男孩需要严加管教才能有所长进。

e.g. No matter how much we grow up, while at least one parent is alive there's always a sense of having someone to fall back on.

我们不管多大了,只要父母当中至少还有一个活着,就总感到可以有所依赖。

分享到