迷你对话学地道口语第2035期:贬得一文不值
日期:2020-06-16 07:43

(单词翻译:单击)

情景对话:

A: You look miserable, Tom. What happened?

你看上去很沮丧,汤姆,怎么了?

B: Mum, my composition was shot down in flames by our classmates.

妈妈,同学们把我的作文贬得一文不值。

A: Really? Let me read it. Maybe I can give you some advice. Cheer up, my dear.

真的?让我看看,也许我能给你点建议。高兴点,宝贝。

第一, 词海拾贝

shoot down in flames

exp. To bring about someone or something's failure,ruin someone. (贬得一文不值,痛斥某人,驳倒,把某人整垮

e.g. I thought I'd written a fine campaign speech but my team shot it down in flames.

我原以为我写了一篇很好的竞选演说,但我的团队把它贬得一文不值。

e.g. I can't believe he shot me down in flames in front of the board of trustees!

我真不敢相信他在董事会面前痛斥我!

e.g. It was a bad idea, okay, but you didn't have to shoot me down in flames at the meeting.

那个注意不好,可以,但你没必要在会上痛斥我呀。

第二, 语汇积累

1. give someone some advice:给某人提出建议

e.g. Can you give me some advice for my job interview?

你能给我一些关于工作面试的建议吗?

e.g. I tried to give him some advice but he brushed all my suggestions to one side.

我试着给他提点建议,但他对我所有意见都置之不理。

e.g. Years ago you gave some advice on how to have a good marriage.

几年前,你曾就如何拥有美满的婚姻提出了一些看法。

2. cheer up:振作

e.g. Cheer up! Our troubles will soon be over.

振作起来!我们的困难很快就会过去。

e.g. Mrs. Gummidge did not appear to be able to cheer up.

格米治太太好象怎么也鼓不起兴致来。

分享到