迷你对话学地道口语第1872期:
日期:2019-10-05 14:04

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,迷你对话

A: Tom walked away with Mrs. Smith's lipsticks.

汤姆顺手牵羊拿走了史密斯太太的口红。

B: I've known that. I asked him the reason, and he said he did this just for fun.

我知道了,我问他为什么这么做,他说只是为了好玩儿。

A:That naughty boy.

这个淘气鬼。

第二,词海拾贝

for fun

exp. To be for the pleasure or enjoyment of something.(好玩儿)

e.g. I entered the competition just for fun — I never thought I’d win.

我参加比赛只是为了好玩——我从没想过我会赢。

e.g. ——Why did you say it if you didn’t mean it?—— For the fun of it. I just wanted to see his reaction.

——如果你不是真心的,为什么要说出来? —— 好玩罢了。我只是想看看他的反应。

e.g. He doesn't just write for fun; writing is his bread and butter.

他写作并不只是为了乐趣,那是他的谋生方式。

e.g. Although he had only entered the contest for fun, he won first prize.

尽管他参加这次竞赛只不过是闹着玩儿而已,却赢得了头奖。

第三,语汇积累

walk away:离开,离去

e.g. I breathed as I watched him walk away。

我目送我的哥哥离开。

e.g. The man wrote out a check and started to walk away.

那人开了一张支票后准备离去。

分享到