迷你对话学地道口语第1899期:经历磨难或痛苦嘛
日期:2019-10-08 09:36

(单词翻译:单击)

第一,情景对话

A: I hear you are planning to go abroad?

听说你打算出国?

B: Yeah. I'm making preparations.

是的。我正在准备。

A: Have you thought it over? It's not easy to live in a strange country.

你考虑好了吗?在一个陌生的国家生活不是一件容易的事。

B: I know. But I want to see more while I'm young.

我知道。但我想在年轻的时候多见识见识。

A: I agree. Going through the mill in one's life is not a bad thing.

A我同意你的看法。一个人在生活中经受些磨难倒不是什么坏事。

第二,词海拾贝

go through the mill

变异:be through the mill

exp. To experience a very difficult period in your life with many problems.(经历磨难或痛苦

e.g. She's been through the mill these last few years — the collapse of her marriage and her career and a serious illness on top of that.

在过去的几年里,她经历了磨难和痛苦:家庭的分裂,事业的崩溃,除此之外,还患上重病。

e.g. It's been an incredibly tough tour and we have all been through the mill.

这是一次非常艰难的旅行,我们都经历了磨难。

e.g. I went through the mill as a kid in high school.

当我还是个高中生的时候,我经历了很多磨难。

第三,语汇积累

1.go abroad:出国

e.g. He saved up his money so that he might go abroad for his vacation.

他攒钱以便他能到国外度假。

e.g. Mark was going for the scholarship in order to go abroad.

马克想拿到奖学金出国念书。

2.make a preparation:准备

e.g. Then what should a secretary do to make a preparation for a meeting?

那么秘书应做些什么样的准备工作呢?

e.g. Driven beyond endurance, they led the villagers to arm themselves and make a preparation for action.

他们忍无可忍,领导乡亲们拿起武器准备行动。

3.think over:认真考虑

e.g. Think over the matter and then make a decision.

这件事情斟酌斟酌再定。

e.g. Elinor was then at liberty to think over the representations of her mother.

埃莉诺此时能自由地去思考她母亲的陈述了。

e.g. I'll think over your suggestion again.

我将再次仔细考虑你的建议。

in a strange country:在异国他乡,在一个陌生的国家

分享到