迷你对话学地道口语第67期:催促迫使
日期:2012-06-25 07:18

(单词翻译:单击)

迷你对话:

A:Hurry up! Time is money!

快点!时间就是金钱。

B:Don't build a fire under me. I know the importance of time.

别催我,我知道时间的重要性。

A:But you are too slow to follow them.

但是你太慢了,跟不上他们。

B:Don't you see I'm trying my best?

你没看见我正在尽力吗?

地道表达:

build a fire under sb

小编讲解:

buil是动词,有“构成,形成,使成为”的意思,build fire就是“生火”的意思,build a fire under sb字面意思是“在某人的脚下点把火”,引申为“催促某人行动起来”。

支持范例:

Eg.The landlord built a fire under the poor pesants for the debt.

地主催促可怜的农民还债。

Eg.Don't build a fire under us for an answer to your request.

不要催促我答复你们的请求。

Eg.They are building a fire under them to take an action.

他们催促他采取行动。

Eg.The boss built a fire under his emplyee to make an explaination to it.

老板催促他的雇员对这件事做出解释。

词海拾贝:

1.hurry up:赶快,快点

Eg.Hurry up, or we'll be too late to get anything to eat.

快走吧, 再晚了就吃不上饭了。

Eg.Hurry up or we will miss the train.

快点儿,不然我们就赶不上火车了。

Eg.Let' s hurry up so that we may finish the work in time.

咱们快一点,好及时完成任务。

Eg.We'll have to hurry up if we want to finish it today.

想今天完活,我们就得抓紧点儿了。

2.too... to...:太......而不能......

Eg.He is too youg to bear the misery.

他年纪太小了不能承受这样的痛苦。

Eg.Mary is too stupid to get through the final exam.

Mary智力太差了,不能通过期末考试。

Eg.The manage is too busy to have a talk to you about your salary.

经理太忙了,没法和你谈你的薪水问题。

3.try one's best:尽力,努力

Eg.I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

我已经尽力了,但是教练仍然百般对我做的每一件事挑剔。

Eg.I'll try my best to procure you that original French novel.

我将尽全力给你搞到那本原版法国小说。

Eg.We have been trying our best to come up with a solution.

我一直在竭力相处一个解决办法。

特别申明:该节目迷你对话精选自口语书籍,其余讲解部分均为可可编辑原创,未经授权请勿转载。

分享到
重点单词
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • coachn. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱 v
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • procurevt. 获得,取得,促成 vi. 拉皮条
  • originaladj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的 n. 原件
  • miseryn. 痛苦,悲惨的境遇,苦难
  • solutionn. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液