迷你对话学地道口语第1970期:返回
日期:2020-04-20 20:15

(单词翻译:单击)

第一, 情景对话

A: Have you heard that the satellite is slowly making its way back to the earth, and is expected to reenter our atmosphere within the next two weeks?

你听说了吗?那颗人造卫星正在慢慢地返回地球,预计在未来两周之内就会进入大气层。

B: Which satellite did you mention?

你指的是哪一颗?

A: I'm not sure. It's nothing but hearsay.

我也说不准,这个消息我也只是听说的。

B: Oh, maybe we can find the answer on the newspaper.

哦,也许我们可以在报纸上找到答案。

第二, 词海拾贝

make one’s way back to

exp. To return to. (返回)

e.g. But the next day two of his uncles made his way back to island.

但是第二天,他的两个叔叔突然回到岛上。

e.g. She was determined under no circumstances to make her way back to Court Leys.

她下了决心无论如何不回莱伊府第。

e.g. When he makes his way back to his homeland, he finds his father working in the garden with a shovel.

当他返家时,他又看见他的父亲执着锄头在园中工作。

e.g. He knelt at her feet and implored her favor and assistance to enable him to make his way back to his native country.

他跪在她的面前,请求她助他一臂之力,使他能返回祖国。

第三, 语汇积累

1. hearsay:传闻,谣言,道听途说

e.g. You shouldn't believe that it's just hearsay.

你不该相信那话,那不过是道听途说罢了。

e.g. I knew by hearsay that he was the editor of the American Mercury.

我听说他是《美国信使》的编辑。

e.g. This is not a matter of hearsay or theory, but of fact.

这不是道听途说或者空话,而是事实。

3. the next two weeks:未来的两周,接下来的两周

e.g. You probably won't make $30 in the next two weeks.

你可能在未来的两周后赚不到三十美元了。

e.g. We had a great time chatting and emailing each other for the next two weeks.

接下来的两个星期,我们聊得很愉快,也互传电子邮件。

4. nothing but+名词或名词性短语:只不过……

e.g. His speech was nothing but milk and water.

他的讲话平淡无奇毫无意义。

e.g. I had nothing in the world but two available hands.

在这个世界上,我什么都没有了,只有两只能用的手。

e.g. In the room I found nothing but a table.

我在房间里只发现一张桌子。

5. on the newspaper:在报纸上

e.g. Her name has appeared on the newspaper.

她的名字上了报。

e.g. I memorize that I have seen the news about this earthquake on the newspaper.

我记得在报纸上看到过关于这次地震的消息。

分享到