历史频道《人类:我们的故事》第1集(25)世界第一大帝国
日期:2015-09-04 12:00

(单词翻译:单击)

历史频道《人类:我们的故事》第一集25:世界第一大帝国

Mankind's struggle for resources

人类争夺资源

Creates the world's first great empires.

创立了世界第一大帝国

Egypt's Pharaoh Tutmoses iii

埃及法老图特摩斯三世


Leads an army of twelve thousand

带领万人大军

Into battle for control of the city of Megiddo.

打响米吉多市争夺战

He's untested, he's young, he's inexperienced,

他涉世未深 年纪轻轻 缺乏经验

his men really don't know what to expect from him

战士们对他没有信心

so what he has to do is he has to get out

所以他唯一能做的就是挺身而出

and lead from the front

带头冲锋陷阵

and show his men that yeah I am in charge,

告诉他们"看好了 我掌权

I am the leader, I'm going to set the example.

我是首领 要给你们做出榜样

Let the first arrow be cast at me.

让第一箭射向我吧"

重点讲解

1、struggle

奋力;努力;尽力

They had to struggle against all kinds of adversity.

他们不得不同一切困境做斗争。

Those who have lost their jobs struggle to pay their supermarket bills.

那些失业的人们想方设法以支付超市的账单。

挣扎;努力挣脱

I struggled, but he was a tall man, well-built.

我使劲挣扎,但他又高又壮。

搏斗;扭打

She screamed at him to 'stop it' as they struggled on the ground.

他们在地上扭打成一团,她向他尖叫着“别打了”。

We were struggling for the gun when it went off!

我们正在争夺那把枪,这时它突然走火了!

艰难地做;吃力地做

I could see the young boy struggling to free himself.

我看到小男孩正在奋力挣脱。

I struggled with my bags, desperately looking for a porter.

我提着行李艰难地走着,迫切地寻找着搬运工。

2、get out

逃离;被迫离开

They probably wanted to get out of the country.

他们或许想逃离这个国家。

I told him to leave and get out.

我叫他滚开。

退出(组织);撤销(承诺)

I wanted to get out of the group, but they wouldn't let me.

我想退出这个团体,但是他们不同意。

Getting out of the contract would be no problem.

撤销这个合同不会有任何问题。

(消息、信息等)泄露,为人所知

If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous...

如果消息现在传出去,可能会是灾难性的丑闻。

Once the news gets out that Armenia is in a very critical situation, I think the world will respond.

我认为亚美尼亚局势非常严峻的消息一旦披露,全世界都将作出反应。


分享到