(单词翻译:单击)
历史频道《人类:我们的故事》第一集14:同类相食
I don't know if you've ever been hungry,
我不知道你是否经历过饥饿
but when you get hungry,
但当你饿了的时候
it takes over your mind in an incredible way.
它会以一种难以置信的方式控制你的思维
You start having, you know, olfactory hallucinations.
你会开始产生幻嗅
You start smelling things that aren't there.
你会闻到一些子虚乌有的味道
You can't think of anything else,
没心去想别的事
you can't talk about anything else.
也无法谈论别的事
You'll get together with your friends
你会和你的朋友聚在一起
and talk for four hours about the next meal.
一连几个小时谈论下一顿饭吃什么
Eventually you get to cannibalism.
最终你们会同类相食
You'll eat your friends.
你会饥不择食吃了你的朋友
I mean, it will take over.
饥饿感会彻底占据你的大脑
It comes down to yours versus mine.
这最终成为事关你我所有财产的对抗
"That's my land. "I worked hard for that land.
"那是我的土地" 我为这片土地辛勤劳作
"I put my time, my effort my energy into that land."
"我为之付出了时间 付出了精力"
"I've learned how to cultivate it"
我学会了耕种
"I've learned how to manage it through the seasons."
"学会如何在四季变化中经营这片土地"
"If you come in here to try and steal it from me,
"如果你要来将其从我手中偷走
"To take it from me, especially without my consent,
"尤其是在未经我允许的情况下将其夺走
"I have to do something about it, or I'm dead!"
"我就必须出来保卫它 否则只有死路一条"
The birth of warfare.
这就是战争的起源
重点讲解
1、take over
a、接收,接管(公司)
A British newspaper says British Airways plan to take over Trans World Airways.
一家英国报纸称,英国航空公司计划接管环球航空公司。
b、(武力)占领,接管,控制
The Belgians took over Rwanda under a League of Nations mandate.
比利时人依照国际联盟的授权接管了卢旺达。
The parliament in Madrid was taken over by civil guards.
马德里议会大厦被国民警卫队接管了。
c、接替;接任;接手
His widow has taken over the running of his empire, including six London theatres.
他的遗孀已接手管理他创下的帝国,其中包括 6 家伦敦剧院。
In 1966, Pastor Albertz took over from him as governing mayor.
1966 年,帕斯特·艾伯茨接替他担任主管市长。
d、取代;代替;占上风
Cars gradually took over from horses.
汽车逐渐替代了马匹。
When the final vote came, rationality took over.
最后一轮投票时,理性占了上风。
2、manage
a、管理;经营;掌管
Within two years he was managing the store.
不出两年他就开始管理这家店了。
Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed.
这个地区的绝大多数工厂都十分陈旧,经营状况也非常糟糕。
b、谨慎地使用,好好地利用(时间、金钱等)
In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important.
在忙碌的世界里,善于利用时间变得越来越重要。
Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.
乔希指望我对每笔家庭支出都精打细算。
c、设法做到;成功完成
Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.
不知用了什么方法,他成功说服凯给他买了一个。
I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge...
我终于爬上了一块潮湿倾斜的暗礁。
d、抽出,腾出,安排出(时间、金钱等)
This makes it ideal for those who can only manage a few hours in the morning or evening...
对于那些只能在早晚抽出几个小时的人来说,这是最理想不过的了。
'All right, I can manage a fiver,' McMinn said with reluctance.
麦克明不情愿地说:“好吧,我可以出5镑。”

