重温经典《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》第51期:贝蒂感情出现危机
日期:2012-10-25 15:39

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Honey, what are you doing here? -I’m staying the night.
宝贝,你在这儿干吗? -我在这儿过夜
Spencer won’t mind? -Spencer won’t notice.
斯宾塞不介意吗? -斯宾塞 不会注意的
He’s in New York again. Working. -He’s working hard for both of you.
他又去纽约出差了 -他是为了你们两个才这么努力工作的
Don’t lie for him, Mother. He does it so well for himself.
别帮他说慌,妈妈 他都是为了自己
You’re going to turn around, go home...
你回家去吧...
fix your face and wait for your husband. ...
把脸洗一下,等你丈夫回来
This is the bargain you made, Elizabeth. We all did.
这是你自己的选择, 伊丽莎白. 我们大家的选择
So you’re not gonna let me stay in my own house?
你不打算让我待在自己家里?
Spencer’s house is your house now.
现在斯宾塞那儿才是你的家
Believe me, it’s for your own good.
相信我,是为了你好
Miss Watson. Come in.
沃森小姐. 进来
Seven law schools within 45 minutes of Philadelphia.
费城有7所大学是在45分钟的路程以内
You can study and get dinner on the table by 5:00.
你可以上完课,5点钟前赶回来吃饭
It’s too late. -No. Some accept late admissions.
太迟了 -不,有些学校还接受迟到的申请
I was upset at first. -Joan, the guests.
起先,我很不安 -琼, 那些客人
When Tommy told me that he got accepted to Penn, I thought:
当汤米 告诉我他被宾州大学录取的时候,我想:
"Her fate is sealed. How can she throw it all away?"
"她命中注定了的, 她怎么能就这样把它抛弃?"
I realized you won’t have to. You could bake your cake and eat it too.
我认识到你其实大可不必这样, 完全可以兼得鱼与熊掌
We’re married.
我们已经结婚了
We eloped over the weekend.
我们周末跑出去结的婚

重点解释
妙语佳句:
seal:决定,确定
例如:McLaren are close to sealing a deal with Renault...
麦克拉伦即将与雷诺达成一笔交易。
sets or puts the seal on something使确定下来;使成定局
例如:They see this election as a chance to put the final seal on the defeat of communism.
他们把这次选举看作是彻底击败共产主义的一次机会。

elope:私奔
例如:My girlfriend Lynn and I eloped...
我和女友琳恩私奔了。
In 1912 he eloped with Frieda von Richthofen.
1912年,他和弗丽达·冯·里希特霍芬私奔了。

剧情百科常识:


以贝蒂(克尔斯滕·邓斯特 饰)、琼(朱莉娅·斯泰尔斯 饰)和莉薇(玛吉·吉伦哈尔 饰)为代表的几个非常好动的女孩子,喜欢在班上卖弄风情,甚至用各种办法在课堂上向老师发起挑战。凯瑟琳没有像其他老师那样沿袭学校一贯的教学做法和风格,她不仅挑战学校的一些做法、规矩,而且鼓励学生发掘自己的兴趣,并且大胆去实践她们的想法。最终她以青春率直的作风,丰富的艺术史知识以及风趣热情的授课风格,赢得了学生们的尊敬和爱戴,被女学生称为“蒙娜丽莎”。

考考你:
这样的一次访问可能会使两国政府间确立新关系。
你会为爱而私奔吗?

答案下期公布
上一期答案
There are people who swell with pride whenever they make some small contribution.
We chose to live out of town and commute to work every day.

分享到
重点单词
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • swellv. (使)膨胀,(使)鼓起,(使)增长 n. 膨胀,肿
  • contributionn. 贡献,捐款(赠)
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • defeatn. 败北,挫败 vt. 战胜,击败
  • sealn. 印章,封条 n. 海豹 v. 盖印,密封
  • electionn. 选举