重温经典《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》第15期:贝蒂一家准备婚礼
日期:2012-08-20 22:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You already had your fitting? -We’re on our way.
你试装了吗? -我们这就去.
Here’s the seating chart and Spencer’s list of groomsmen.
这是座位表和斯宾塞家的佣人名单.
Oh, I almost forgot.
哦,差点儿忘了.
I spoke to him about reading the poem. He’d rather not. I said all right.
我让他朗读诗歌,他不情愿. 我说好吧.
Excuse us for a second, Joan.
失陪一下, 琼.
A good wife lets her husband think that everything’s his idea...
一位好的妻子应该让她的丈夫 觉得每件事都出自他的想法...
even when it’s not. -I don’t care if he reads it.
甚至当不是的时候. -我才不在乎他是否朗诵.
You will in retrospect.
你会后悔的.
Now, why don’t you see if you can’t nudge the idea into his head.
那么,为何让我们不看看 你是否能把这个念头灌输给他.
I’ve been here now for 21 years, Jocelyn.
我已经在这里21年了,乔斯林.
I remember you as a student. -Twenty-four, if you count that.
我还记得你上学时的样子. -是24年,如果你要计算的话.
So why the theatrics?
那么为何要把事情搞大?
We cannot appear to promote sexual promiscuity.
我们不能表现出对乱交无所谓的样子.
Okay. It’s about appearances, then? No.
好吧. 那么只是事关表面? 不会再发生了.
All right, all right.
可以的, 可以的.
All right. Well, I promise not to appear to be sympathetic, progressive...
没问题. 我可以保证不再显得 赞同她们和激进的...
or what did Mrs. Warren call it? "Liberal." ...
或者就如沃伦小姐 所言? "慷慨的."
Scout’s honor.
我发誓.
I spent the better part of Friday afternoon convincing the alumnae...
我用了周五下午大部分光阴 来说服校董会...
that your record was impeccable... ...
你的记录是清白的...
that you would no longer provide contraceptive devices... ...
你不会再提供避孕套...
and you’d make a public statement to that effect. ...
并会对此后果发表公开声明.

重点解释
妙语佳句:
groomsmen:男傧相,伴郎
例如:In more elaborate weddings the best man will be assisted by several groomsmen and a ringbearer.
在更为盛大的婚礼上,伴郎会由几个男傧相和一名男花童相伴。

nudge:轻推; 推进
例如:I nudged Stan and pointed again...
我轻轻推了推斯坦,又指了一下。
Edna Swinson nudged him into the sitting room...
埃德娜·斯温森把他推进了起居室。
nudge someone into doing something:动词劝说;鼓动
例如:Bit by bit Bob had nudged Fritz into selling his controlling interest...
鲍勃一步一步劝说弗里茨卖掉了他的控股权益。

剧情百科常识:


1953年渊,坐落在矛美节国马萨栽诸亏塞州摹、裕被辱誉身为阳“没怠有讨男凄子的常青煮藤”湿的码卫叙斯藻理女子彼学院,新栈来宜了钵位羞艺术扎史老师,名叫仆凯公瑟琳·徒沃抉森(朱莉蚜娅·罗糯伯茨 饰),她是个洲美丽或成熟的臆女人殊,刚沃刚腔从围加豫州笺柏郧克株莱拯大薛学溃毕业孝,在大学里饱接受薪了饰自由嚣改革底思想反,廉立贸志政要成为晒一艺名杰狸出载的药教宝授喘。

考考你:
外国人必须动用他们的力量促使这个国家变得更加宽容。
人们开始劝说这两口子走开。

答案下期公布
上一期的答案
There is also no doubt that she falls into promiscuity at last.
It knew America was impatient for results and wanted to flex its muscles.
The speaker played to the gallery by indulging in vulgar jokes.

分享到
重点单词
  • liberaladj. 慷慨的,大方的,自由主义的 n. 自由主义者,
  • statementn. 声明,陈述
  • convincingadj. 使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的 vbl.
  • retrospectn. 回顾,追溯 v. 回顾,回想,追溯 n.对症
  • promotevt. 促进,提升,升迁; 发起; 促销
  • impatientadj. 不耐烦的,急躁的
  • elaborateadj. 精细的,详尽的,精心的 v. 详细地说明,用心
  • progressiveadj. 前进的,渐进的 n. 进步人士
  • flexv. 弯曲,伸缩,褶曲 n. 电线,松紧带
  • vulgaradj. 通俗的,粗俗的