重温经典《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》第26期:你们该做的是思考
日期:2012-08-31 21:37

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Joe.
乔.
Hello. -Hi. How are you?
你好. -嗨. 你好吗?
Great. Thank you so much for this. You’re a pal.
很好. 谢谢你让我们来. 你真是好人.
It’s a pleasure. Your timing is perfect.
这是我的荣幸. 你安排的非常好.
There it is.
就是这个.
That’s Jackson Pollock. -ln a word. –
这是杰克逊 波洛克. -总之.
I was getting used to the idea of dead, maggoty meat being art, now this.
我已经习惯了这些无聊的主题, 先说长蛆的烂肉是艺术, 现在轮到这个.
Please don’t tell me we have to write a paper about it.
请别告诉我们又要为这个写点什么.
Do me a favor.
拜托啊.
Do yourselves a favor. Stop talking and look.
拜托你们自己吧. 闭上嘴,好好欣赏.
You’re not required to write a paper. You’re not even required to like it.
你们毋须为此写任何文字. 甚至你们不必喜欢它.
You are required...
你们该做的...
to consider it. ...
是思考.
That’s your only assignment today. When you’re done, you may leave.
这就是今天你们唯一的作业. 完成后, 便可以离开.
Thank God Betty isn’t here.
感谢上帝贝蒂不在这里.
Where did you come from?
你从哪里来?
Mars.
火星.
What a coincidence.
真巧.
Tom Donegal came by to see Joan. So I hopped a ride.
汤姆 唐戈过来找琼. 我要求搭顺风车.
Why?
为何?
So I could do this:
于是,我就可以来……

重点解释
妙语佳句:
coincidence:巧合
例如:a string of amazing coincidences...
一连串惊人的巧合
It is a mere coincidence that they see eye to eye on this point.
他们在这一点上见解一致完全是偶合。

hop a ride:免费乘车
例如:That morning he was able to hop a ride to work.
那天早上他得以免费乘车上班。
Can you give me a ride to the airport? Sure, hop in.
可以载我一段去机场吗?没问题,快上车吧。

剧情百科常识:


1953年,坐落在矛美节国马萨栽诸亏塞州摹、裕被辱誉身为阳“没怠有讨男凄子的常青煮藤”湿的码卫叙斯藻理女子彼学院,新栈来宜了钵位羞艺术扎史老师,名叫仆凯公瑟琳·徒沃抉森(朱莉蚜娅·罗糯伯茨 饰),她是个洲美丽或成熟的臆女人殊,刚沃刚腔从围加豫州笺柏郧克株莱拯大薛学溃毕业孝,在大学里饱接受薪了饰自由嚣改革底思想反,廉立贸志政要成为晒一艺名杰狸出载的药教宝授喘。

考考你:
我和她同时到达纯属巧合。
上车吧, 我来送你回家。

答案下期公布
上一期的答案
This price is his minimum; he refuses to lower it any further.
Tomorrow's vote is unlikely to settle the question of who will replace their leader.

分享到
重点单词
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • coincidencen. 巧合,同时发生
  • assignmentn. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)
  • stringn. 线,一串,字串 vt. 串起,成串,收紧,悬挂;系
  • unlikelyadj. 不太可能的
  • replacevt. 取代,更换,将物品放回原处