重温经典《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》第17期:学生们正在上相夫教子课
日期:2012-08-22 21:08

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

He’s competing for promotion against two rivals, Smith and Jones.
他正在为了升迁而和另两个同事竞争, 史密斯和琼斯.
To get the edge, you have wisely decided to invite the boss...
为了胜过他们, 你十分明智的 邀请他的上司...
and his wife to a 7:00 dinner. ...
携夫人七点钟来进晚餐.
You’ve carefully planned your meal...
你小心翼翼的准备好食物...
set your table and arranged for a babysitter.
摆好餐桌,安排好保姆.
Oh, we have babies! -Yes, and I have twins!
哦,我们还有宝宝呐! -可不,我有一对双胞胎!
Then, surprise. It’s 6:1 5...
结果,令人惊讶的是. 6:15的时候...
and your husband’s called to say that Smith, Jones and their wives... ..
.你的丈夫致电通知你, 由于他的上司的要求...
have been invited at the boss’s request.
史密斯和琼斯亦将携夫人出席晚餐.
Ever the Wellesley girl...
韦尔斯利学院的姑娘们...
you keep your cool and understand... ...
你们要保持冷静并且想到...
that the boss is probably testing you as much as your husband. What next? ...
也许他的上司正通过测试你来 考验你的丈夫. 接下来该怎么办?
Yes? -File for divorce?
你说? -申请离婚?
That’s very funny.
非常有趣.
But the thing is, it’s not a joke.
但问题是, 这可不是玩笑.
A few years from now your sole responsibility
几年后你们唯一的职责便是...
will be taking care of your husband and children. ...
照顾你们的丈夫和孩子.
You may all be here...
可能在这里你们...
for an easy A... ...
只是为了取得A...
but the grade that matters the most is the one he gives you, not me. ...
但是真正至关重要的分数是 由他给你打的,而不是我.
You’ll need to-- -Whatever you do...
你们应该-- -不管你做什么...
don’t put the boss’s wife next to your husband.
都别让上司的老婆靠近你的丈夫.
Why not? -She’s screwing him.
为什么不? -她会抢走他的.
Is that where you learned to speak ltalian? In ltaly?
你在哪里学的意大利文? 意大利么?
Yeah.
是的.

重点解释
妙语佳句:
get the edge:发挥能力极限,获得优势
例如:The Celtics still get the edge to repeat out East.
凯尔特人仍然有机会重复横扫东部。
The best way to get an edge on the competition? Make yourself a more competitive candidate.
获得竞争优势的最好方法是什么?那就是让你自己更有竞争力。

screw someone:与…性交的意思
screw还有被骗,扭曲的意思
例如:They haven't given us accurate information. We've been screwed...
他们没有提供准确的消息。我们被骗了。
He screwed his face into an expression of mock pain.
他面部扭曲,假装疼痛。

剧情百科常识:


以贝蒂(克尔斯滕·邓斯特 饰)、琼(朱莉娅·斯泰尔斯 饰)和莉薇(玛吉·吉伦哈尔 饰)为代表的几个非常好动的女孩子,喜欢在班上卖弄风情,甚至用各种办法在课堂上向老师发起挑战。凯瑟琳没有像其他老师那样沿袭学校一贯的教学做法和风格,她不仅挑战学校的一些做法、规矩,而且鼓励学生发掘自己的兴趣,并且大胆去实践她们的想法。最终她以青春率直的作风,丰富的艺术史知识以及风趣热情的授课风格,赢得了学生们的尊敬和爱戴,被女学生称为“蒙娜丽莎”。

考考你:
有些人为了在找工作的过程中占得先机,胡编乱造自己的地址.
这名消费者也被诈取了服务费。


答案下期公布
上一期的答案
They may hate what he does but their survival depends on him.
There are moments in our lifes we find ourselves at a crossroad.

分享到
重点单词
  • survivaln. 生存,幸存者
  • candidaten. 候选人,求职者
  • screwn. 螺钉,螺丝,螺旋,螺旋桨,螺状物 v. 拧,拧紧
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛
  • requestn. 要求,请求 vt. 请求,要求
  • mockv. 嘲笑,嘲弄,模仿 n. 嘲笑,戏弄,模仿 adj.
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • accurateadj. 准确的,精确的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为