重温经典《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》第28期:贝蒂邀请汤米和琼去她家玩
日期:2012-09-02 18:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I hope you get that ring!
祝愿你戴上戒指!
Bye, girls, see you next year. Have a safe trip.
再会,姑娘们,明年见. 一路平安.
So, what’s the big hush-hush secret?
那么,神秘兮兮的大事是什么啊?
Are we gonna hear the pitter-patter of little Spencers?
小斯宾赛?
Stop. They’ll tell us when they’re ready.
别说了. 他们准备好会告诉我们的.
Are you ready?
准备好了吗?
Is she the cutest? You are the cutest. Come here, you.
她可真逗? 你真是可爱. 来,亲爱的.
Spencer’s been made junior partner.
斯宾赛已经升任助理合伙人了.
lt is about time. -And it’s a significant raise too!
是时间该告诉我们了. -这可是一个重要的升迁!
Betty! -What? I can say that, can’t l?
贝蒂! -有什么关系? 我可以说了,对不?
To Tommy and Joan?
可以告诉汤米和琼啊?
Well, it is. So maybe a family isn’t far behind.
也许离成家就不远了
Let’s take our coffee in the sitting room, shall we?
我们去起居室喝杯咖啡, 好吗?
I’ll help.
我来帮你.
Keep them closed. -All right.
先别睁开. -好的.
Beautiful! You’ve got everything you’ve ever dreamed of.
真棒! 你得到了你梦想的一切.
You will too.
你也会的.
I’ve got a secret to tell you. You swear you won’t gab to anyone?
我要告诉你一个秘密. 你能发誓不告诉别人吗?
I got accepted early to Yale Law School.
我已经提前被耶鲁大学录取了.
To what?! Why?! You don’t want to be a lawyer.
什么?! 为什么这样?! 你不需要成为一名律师.

重点解释
妙语佳句:
swear:发誓,咒骂;
例如:It's wrong to swear and shout...
破口大骂是不对的。
We have sworn to fight cruelty wherever we find it...
我们发誓要见恶除恶。

gab:瞎扯,口才
例如: The young cheap-Jack had got the gift of gab.
那个年轻小贩能说会道。
She has the gift of the gab.
她口才很好。

剧情百科常识:


50年代的美国虽然女性的地位渐渐受到重视,但在上层社会封建思想仍旧非常严重。在卫斯理这所著名的女子大学,学生们大都有着良好的家庭背景,从小接受过优秀的教育。但学院对学生的教育不是教他们如何获得自己感兴趣的学科知识,也不重视心理教育,而是把学生的成功与否定义为今后的婚姻,她们学习的目的无非是嫁一个好丈夫。

考考你:
以身家性命担保,我和这件事无关。
以其雄辩之才,他应该可以成为出色的政治家。

答案下期公布
上一期的答案
I'm afraid your English is somewhat unorthodox.
Diem, a profound traditionalist, ran a family despotism in the oriental manner.

分享到
重点单词
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .
  • profoundadj. 深奥的,深邃的,意义深远的
  • crueltyn. 残酷,残忍,残酷的行为,虐待
  • traditionalistn. 因循守旧者;传统主义者 adj. 传统主义者的(等
  • unorthodoxadj. 非正统的,异端的