纯正地道美语第345期(外教讲解):Fast Food 快餐
日期:2012-02-06 11:21

(单词翻译:单击)

文章正文
A: I'm hungry, let's order up something to eat. 我饿了,我们点点东西吃吧。

B: Ok, maybe we can order a soup and a salad from the restaurant down the street. 好的,也许我们去街边的饭店点些汤和色拉。

A: I was thinking of getting a hamburger, fries and a chocolate sundae. 我想吃个汉堡包,炸薯条和巧克力圣代。

B: You eat too much junk food. That sort of stuff clogs up your arteries and is very high in cholesterol. 你吃太多垃圾食品了。这种食物会堵塞你的动脉,并且胆固醇很高。

A: Well I never seem to gain weight so I don't mind. 嗯,我似乎永远都胖不起来,所以我不担心这些。

B: It's not only about getting fat or not, it's about being healthy. You could really have some health problems later on. 这不仅仅是长不长胖的问题,这是健康的问题。你以后会有健康问题的。

A: How about pizza or maybe some fried chicken! Better yet, let's order some hot dogs! 匹萨或者炸鸡怎么样!比之前说的那些好很多,在点些热狗。

B: You are a lost cause. 和你真说不通。
重点讲解
1. down the street 在街边

They would get married and move off to an apartment or someplace down the street, or to another city. 他们会结婚,他们会搬到附近住宅,或另一座城市。

parad down the street 在大街上游行

walk down the street 走在大街上;走在路上;顺街而行

roar down The street 呼啸顺着大街

rush down the street 跑到街上

2. clog up one's arteries 堵塞……动脉,堵塞动脉

Don't clog up your memory with useless facts. 不要把脑袋塞满无用的东西。

分享到