(单词翻译:单击)
时间简史
Of all the pictures that I know the simplest of any cosmology
我所知道的所有画面 任何最简单的宇宙学的结论
is that in which the universe is closed has a finite lifetime
就是宇宙是封闭的 拥有有限的寿命
and collapses with the same kind of collapse that a black hole does.
会坍缩 像黑洞坍缩那样
If it should turn out that indeed the universe is limited in its life
如果结果确实是那样 宇宙的生命是有限的
how is that different from the life of each one of us?
那么它的生命 与我们每个人的又有什么不同
On the evening of Tuesday, March 5fh at about 10:45.
在3月5日 星期二的晚上 大概10点45分
I was returning to my flat in Pinehurst.
我正准备回去皮恩斯的公寓
It was dark and raining.
天色很暗 又下着雨
I came up to Grange Road and saw headlights approaching
我来到格兰芝路 看见车灯正在接近
but judged that they were far enough away that I could cross safely.
但是我判断他们离我足够远 使我能安全地通过
The vehicle must have been traveling very fast
那辆车一定是开得非常快
for when I got just past the middle of the road
因为当我仅仅到路中间时
my nurse screamed, "Look out!" I heard tires skidding
我的护士就惊呼 "小心" 我听到轮胎在滑行
and my wheelchair was struck a tremendous blow in the back.
一阵强风从我轮椅后面吹来
重点讲解
1、turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to...
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
原来是;结果发现
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。
(尤指把某人从其长期居住处)撵走,赶出,逐出
Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house.
当然不会有人建议把他从房子里赶出去。
They were turned out of the hotel
他们被赶出了旅馆。

2、approach
靠近;接近;走近
He didn't approach the front door at once.
他没有马上走向前门。
When I approached, they grew silent.
当我走近时,他们就不说话了。
与…接洽;找…商量
When Chappel approached me about the job, my first reaction was of disbelief.
当查普尔为这份工作找我商量时,我的第一反应是不相信。
He approached me to create and design the restaurant.
他请我建造并设计该饭店。
探讨;处理;对待
The Bank has approached the issue in a practical way.
银行已经实际解决了这个问题。
Employers are interested in how you approach problems.
雇主们对你如何处理问题感兴趣。
