《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金时间简史第29期:享受美好时光
日期:2016-04-19 20:29

(单词翻译:单击)

时间简史

There must have been 50 people there and I was standing off in a corner sort of watching quietly

那一定有五十人 我站在一个角落 安静地看着

for a few minutes, relaxing and Stephen was over there, not far from me.

看了几分钟 正在放松 史蒂芬就在那 离我不远


Jane walked over to Stephen and looked at him.

简走向史蒂芬看着他

He was sitting there with his head in his lap like only Stephen can put his head in his lap.

他正坐在那 头放在大腿上 好像只有史蒂芬能把他的头放在大腿上

And Jane said to Stephen You look miserable, Stephen. Sit up straight.

简对史蒂芬说 你看起来很痛苦 史蒂芬 坐直了

Some of your guests don't understand.that you're thinking about physics and having a wonderful time.

你的一些客人不理解 你正在思考物理 享受着美好的时光

It looks like you're in pain.Sit up and go talk to your guests.

这让你看起来身处痛苦之中 坐直了和你的客人聊聊天

In 1979 I was elected Lucasian Professor of Mathematics.This is the same chair once held by Isaac Newton.

1979年 我被选为卢卡斯数学教授 这可是牛顿当年做过的职位

They he ve a big book which e very university teaching officer is supposed to sign.

他们有一本巨大的书 每一位大学教授都应在上面签字

After I had been Lucasian Professor for about a year they realized I had never signed.

在我成为卢卡斯教授一年后 他们意识到我没签过

So they brought the book to my office and I signed with some difficulty.That was the last time I signed my name.

所以他们把书带到我办公室 我签得非常困难 那是我最后一次签我名

My interest in the origin and fate of the universe was reawakened when I attended a conference on cosmology in the Vatican.

我对宇宙起源和命运的兴趣 在我参加一个梵蒂冈的宇宙学会议的时候 被重新唤醒

Aftewards, we were granted an audience with the pope.

在那之后 我们被罗马教皇接见

He told us that it was all right to study the evolution of the universe after the Big Bang

他告诉我们 研究大爆炸之后的宇宙演化 这挺好

but we should not inquire into the Big Bang itself because that was the moment of creation and therefore the work of God.

但是我们不应该研究大爆炸它本身 因为那是创造的一瞬间 那是上帝的工作

重点讲解

1、sit up

坐起来;坐直

Her head spins dizzily as soon as she sits up.

她一坐起身来就感到天旋地转。

深夜未睡;熬夜

We sat up drinking and talking.

我们饮酒谈天,直至深夜。

I didn't feel like sitting up all night.

我不想熬通宵。

突然关注;警觉

A defeat like that makes you sit up and think.

那样的一次失败会令你警觉起来,开始思考。


2、suppose

假定;假设;设想

Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.

假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。

Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.

假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。

(根据所知)认为,推断,料想

The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.

这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。

I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.

我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。

我看;要我说;我想

I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.

这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。

I suppose I'd better do some homework.

我看我最好做做功课。

分享到
重点单词
  • conferencen. 会议,会谈,讨论会,协商会
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • evolutionn. 进化,发展,演变
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • inquirevt. 询问,查究 vi. 询问,查究
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • miserableadj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的
  • defeatn. 败北,挫败 vt. 战胜,击败