(单词翻译:单击)
生命的意义
In vast particle accelerators like this one at CERN in Switzerland
在巨大的粒子加速器里 例如瑞士欧洲核子研究委员会这一台
Scientists are on the hunt for quarks and other subatomic particles.
科学家正在寻找夸克和其它亚原子粒子
By smashing protons together at incredible speed
借由以惊人的速度将质子互相对撞
We can study the behavior of the tiniest particles in nature.
就能研究自然界最小粒子的行为
Although we haven't enable to directly observe quarks,
虽然我们无法直接观察夸克
we have seen evidence of particle behavior predicted by the quark model.
却看到了从夸克模型预测粒子行为的证据
So do Quarks exist?
那么夸克到底存不存在?
The answer is they exist only as a model that works.
答案是夸克只存在于相符的模型当中
That is as far as we can go
这就是我们目前所知道的
This is called the concept of model dependent reality.
即我们所能建立的模型中 这种概念就称为"模态实在论"
And I believe that lead us directly to the meaning of life.
我认为这就能直接解释生命的意义
To my mind,science has taught us something pretty remarkable:
就我看来 科学让我们得知非常不可思议的事情
We humans are highly complex biological machines behaving in accordance
人类是高度复杂的生物机器
with the laws of nature. Our brains create and sustain our conscious mind
行为举止全根据自然法则 大脑得以创造并延续人的意识
through an extraordinary network of interacting neurons.
有赖于奇妙的神经元互动网络
That consciousness creates a three-dimensional model
而人的意识 创造了
of the outside world:
外在世界的三维模型
a best fit model that we call reality.
这种最适模型就是我们所谓的现实
重点讲解
1、conscious
注意到的;意识到的
He was conscious of the faint, musky aroma of after-shave.
他注意到了须后水淡淡的麝香味。
She was very conscious of Max studying her.
她非常清楚马克斯在仔细端详她。
(尤指由于不满或自觉重要而)注意的,关注的
I'm very conscious of my weight.
我很在意自己的体重。
He is acutely conscious that this transition will bring with it the risk of social unrest.
他非常清楚这种转变伴随着社会动乱的危险。
(决定、行动等)有意的,刻意的
I don't think we ever made a conscious decision to have a big family.
我觉得我们没有刻意地决定要生很多孩子。
Make a conscious effort to relax your muscles.
有意识地放松肌肉。

2、extraordinary
非凡的;优秀的;出色的
We've made extraordinary progress as a society in that regard.
在那个方面,我们的社会已经取得了巨大的进步。
The task requires extraordinary patience and endurance.
那项任务需要非凡的耐心和毅力。
非常奇特的;令人惊奇的
What an extraordinary thing to happen!
这事儿真蹊跷!
His decision to hold talks is extraordinary because it could mean the real end of the war.
他作出举行谈判的决定非同寻常,因为这可能意味着战争真的要结束了。
