《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金时间简史第10期:参加门萨考试
日期:2016-03-31 12:54

(单词翻译:单击)

时间简史

I drove Stephen and his young brother out to Woburn Park and he climbed a tree.

我带着史蒂芬和他的弟弟 去沃本公园 他爬上一棵树

He was testing himself out, I think. I didn't realize.

我想他在测试自己 我没有意识到


He did manage to climb a tree and go along a branch of it and get himself down.

他能够爬树 沿着树枝把自己弄下来

I think he began to notice that his hands were less useful than they had been,but he didn't tell us.

我想他开始认识到自己的双手 没有曾经那么好用了 但是他没有告诉我们

Univ has these square staircases which are round but they're square.

大学里有些垂直的楼梯 圆角但却是垂直的

It was just coming down from one of the rooms.

他从一个房间出来

Steve actually fell on the stairs coming downstairs and kind of bounced all the way down to the bottom.

史蒂芬从楼梯上摔了下来 一直滚到底部

I don't know if he lost consciousness, but he lost his memory.

我不知道他是否失去了意识 但他失忆了

We took him to either my room or someone's room.

我们把他弄到一个地方 不是我房间也不是别人的房间

The first question of course was, "Who am I?"We told him, "You're Steve Hawking."

他第一个问题就问 "我是谁" 我们告诉他 "你是史蒂芬·霍金"

Right away he would ask again, "Who am I?""Steve Hawking."

接下来他立马又问了一遍 "我是谁" "史蒂芬·霍金"

Then, after a couple of minutes, he remembered he was Steve Hawking.

接着 过了几分钟 他想起他是史蒂芬·霍金

Then we'd say, "Do you remember going down to the bar and having a drink on Sunday night?"

然后我们问他 "你还记得星期天晚上" "你去酒吧喝酒么"

Or, "Do you remember coxing on the river on Monday?"

或者 "你还记得星期一我们在河上划船么"

And his memory came back gradually until he could remember the previous day's events,

他的记忆逐渐恢复了 直到他能记起几天前的一些事

and then the previous hour and by the end of the two hours, he could remember everything.

然后是几小时前 后来的两个小时他能记起每一件事

The question was, "Well, maybe you've lost.some of your mind because of this."

问题是 "你可能因为这个损伤了" "一些脑细胞"

And so Steve decided, "Well, I'll take the Mensa test."

然后史蒂芬说 "这样的话 我要参加门萨考试"

We said, "Of course you'll get in."But he came back delighted he was able to get into Mensa.Absolutely delighted.

我们回应道 "你一定会进的" 他回来很高兴他能够进入门萨 极其欣喜

重点讲解

1、manage

管理;经营;掌管

Within two years he was managing the store.

不出两年他就开始管理这家店了。

Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed.

这个地区的绝大多数工厂都十分陈旧,经营状况也非常糟糕。

谨慎地使用,好好地利用(时间、金钱等)

In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important.

在忙碌的世界里,善于利用时间变得越来越重要。

Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.

乔希指望我对每笔家庭支出都精打细算。

设法做到;成功完成

Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.

不知用了什么方法,他成功说服凯给他买了一个。

I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge.

我终于爬上了一块潮湿倾斜的暗礁。


2、previous

先前的;以前的;早先的

She has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage.

她前一段婚姻有一个十几岁的女儿。

He has no previous convictions.

他没有前科。

上一次的;上一个的

It was a surprisingly dry day after the rain of the previous week.

上星期刚下过雨,天气却出奇地干燥。

He recalled exactly what Bob had told him the previous night.

他清楚记得前一天晚上鲍勃告诉他的话。

分享到
重点单词
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • persuadevt. 说服,劝说
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • obsoleteadj. 已废弃的,过时的
  • consciousnessn. 意识,知觉,自觉,觉悟
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • branchn. 分支,树枝,分店,分部 v. 分支,分岔
  • previousadj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的