(单词翻译:单击)
霍金的故事
Maybe it's New York.Maybe the hiss is New York with it.
或许是纽约 或许是纽约发出的嘶嘶声
New York? How?We figure that if any city in the world
纽约 怎么说 我们想如果这世界上有哪座城市
could give you three degrees of hot radio noise it must be the Big Apple.
能发出三度热量的射频噪声 那必是纽约无疑
My family alone could probably make the much of hiss.
我自己家大概就能制造出这么多噪音来
We were struggling the thing what else it could be.
我们还反复争论还有什么别的可能性
You're guessing?How could we claim we've been making
你们在猜测 有这么多人造的东西干扰
very sensitive radio astronomy measurements with that all man-made stuff around?
我们怎么能自称在进行 精密地射电天文学测量呢
We pointed the antenna the New York City.
我们把天线指向纽约市
All that energy spread out across the northern horizon,
指向那铺满了北边地平线的能量
arking from sub-rails, hummers from power lines,
地铁发出的火花 电线发出的蜂鸣
the radar amplifier at Kennedy airport
肯尼迪机场的雷达放大器
spilling out radio noises by the kilowatts.
发出几千瓦的射频噪声
And I'm thinking, just maybe, just maybe, this town,
我就想 或许 或许 这座城市
this town of all towns might crank up three degrees of hiss!
唯有这座城市 能给出三度的嘶嘶声
You've said that you were from Germany.
你说你来自德国
When did you leave Germany?Maybe we should stop filming.
你什么时候离开德国的 或许我们该停止录像
重点讲解
1、figure
数字;(尤指)统计数字
It would be very nice if we had a true figure of how many people in this country haven't got a job.
如果我们能得到该国失业人口的真实数字就好了。
It will not be long before the inflation figure starts to fall.
过不了多久,通货膨胀率就会开始下降。
人影;身影
Alistair saw the dim figure of Rose in the chair.
阿利斯泰尔看见了坐在椅子里的罗丝的模糊身影。
She waited, standing on the bridge, until his figure vanished against the grey backdrop of the Palace.
她站在桥上,一直等到他的身影消失在宫殿灰色的阴影中。
体形;身材
Take pride in your health and your figure.
为自己的健康和体形感到骄傲吧。
Janet was a natural blonde with a good figure.
珍妮特天生一头金发,身材曼妙。
2、struggle
奋力;努力;尽力
They had to struggle against all kinds of adversity.
他们不得不同一切困境做斗争。
Those who have lost their jobs struggle to pay their supermarket bills.
那些失业的人们想方设法以支付超市的账单。
搏斗;扭打
She screamed at him to 'stop it' as they struggled on the ground.
他们在地上扭打成一团,她向他尖叫着“别打了”。
We were struggling for the gun when it went off!
我们正在争夺那把枪,这时它突然走火了!
艰难地做;吃力地做
I could see the young boy struggling to free himself.
我看到小男孩正在奋力挣脱。
I struggled with my bags, desperately looking for a porter.
我提着行李艰难地走着,迫切地寻找着搬运工。

