《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金的故事01:何方神圣
日期:2015-11-24 10:51

(单词翻译:单击)

霍金的故事

It has to be back to the beginning.
必须要从头开始讲起
Is that what we're doing? - Yes, Dennis.
我们是这么安排的吧 -是的 丹尼斯
One thing we have to know before we starts,
有件事要在我们开始前问清


when did you meet him?
你们什么时候跟他见面的
Back then? - In 1963 you're talking about?
那个时候吗 -你是指1963年吗
What did you make of him?
你们怎么看他的
We didn't. - We didn't meet him.
没怎么看 -我们当时没见过
He was in England. - We were in New Jersey.
他当时在英国 -我们当时在新泽西
Wait a minute.We didn't even know he existed. Did we know he existed?
等一下 我们都不知道有他这个人 我们知道他吗
We had no idea who he was,Stephen Hawking, who is he?
我们根本不知道他是谁 史蒂芬·霍金是何方神圣啊
It's fifteen years ago, Bob.
那都是十五年前了 鲍勃
Can you believe it?Time flies, ha?
真不敢相信 光阴似箭啊

重点讲解

1、exist
存在;实际上有
He thought that if he couldn't see something, it didn't exist.
他认为自己看不见的东西就不存在。
Research opportunities exist in a wide range of pure and applied areas of entomology.
纯理论昆虫学和应用昆虫学的众多领域都存在着研究机会。
(尤指在逆境中)生存,生活
I exist from one visit to the next.
我的生活就是一个接一个的访问。
I was barely existing.
我勉强维持生计。
2、believe
相信;认为
Experts believe that the coming drought will be extensive.
专家们认为即将发生的旱灾将侵袭大片地区。
I believe you have something of mine.
我想你拿了我什么东西。
相信(某人或某人的话)
He did not sound as if he believed her.
他听起来似乎并不相信她。
Never believe anything a married man says about his wife.
永远不要相信一个已婚男人说的任何有关他妻子的话。
认为…是应该的(或正确的)
He believed in marital fidelity.
他认为婚内应该忠诚。
decent candidates who believed in democracy.
信奉民主政治的正派候选人

分享到
重点单词
  • droughtn. 干旱
  • democracyn. 民主,民主制,民主国家
  • decentadj. 体面的,正派的,得体的,相当好的
  • rangen. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列 v. 排列,归类于
  • extensiveadj. 广泛的,广阔的,广大的
  • fidelityn. 忠实,忠诚,准确性