(单词翻译:单击)
霍金的故事
In 1939, my mother and father put me on a train
1939年 我父母送我上了一辆火车
filled with the Jewish childern headed to England.Kindertransport.Are you OK?
火车载着一车犹太小孩驶向英国 避难儿童专线 你没事吧
The Nazis were, letting some children go,don't lose your name tag, Arno Penzias is here.
当时纳粹放走了一些孩子 大人不行 只许孩子走
At the station, my mother looked into my face,
在站台上 我妈妈看着我
and said for me to looked out for my little brother,
对我说要照顾好我弟弟
not to let our suitcase out of my sight and don't lose your name tag, Arno Penzias is here.
一直盯着我们的行李箱 还有不能丢了名签 阿诺·彭齐亚在此
You lose your name tag,you lose your name and you lose everything.And she went.
名签弄丢了 你就没名字了 你就什么都没有了 然后她就走了
How old were you?I was six.Kindertransport.Are you OK?
你当时多大 我六岁 你们后来重逢了吗
I was six, my little brother was five.She didn't cry.
我六岁 我弟弟五岁 她没哭
She made like it was a normal thing,
她让这一切看起来似乎再正常不过
and not crying was part of that.
而正常的事就不能哭
Can you image how hard it must have been not to cry?
你能想象不哭出来有多难吗
To put your boys on a train like that and not to cry.
把你的儿子送上那样一辆火车而不哭出来
I've hated suitcases ever since.
我那以后就一直讨厌行李箱
He likes to unpack.My mother and my father got out.
他喜欢打开行李箱 我父母逃出了德国
Six month later we sailed for American together.
六个月后我们一起去了美国
England saved my life.America gave me a brand-new one.
英国救了我一命 美国给了我新的生命
But I never, I never dreamed of this happening.
但我从没 从没想到会有这一天
重点讲解
1、put on
穿;戴;涂;抹
She put on her coat and went out.
她穿上大衣出去了。
Maximo put on a pair of glasses.
马克西莫戴上了一副眼镜。
上演;举办;展出
The band are hoping to put on a UK show before the end of the year.
那个乐队希望年底之前在英国举办一场演出。
British Airways is putting on an extra flight to London tomorrow.
英国航空公司明天将增加一班到伦敦的航班。
增加(体重)
I can eat what I want but I never put on weight.
我能想吃什么就吃什么,但是体重从来不增加。
Luther's put on three stone.
卢瑟体重增加了3英石。
对…下赌注;押赌注于
They each put £20 on Matthew scoring the first goal.
他们每人押了20英镑赌马修进第一个球。
He'll be back in an hour. I'd put money on it.
他一个小时后会回来。我敢打赌。
2、get out
逃离;被迫离开
They probably wanted to get out of the country.
他们或许想逃离这个国家。
I told him to leave and get out.
我叫他滚开。
退出(组织);撤销(承诺)
I wanted to get out of the group, but they wouldn't let me.
我想退出这个团体,但是他们不同意。
Getting out of the contract would be no problem.
撤销这个合同不会有任何问题。
(消息、信息等)泄露,为人所知
If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous.
如果消息现在传出去,可能会是灾难性的丑闻。
Once the news gets out that Armenia is in a very critical situation, I think the world will respond.
我认为亚美尼亚局势非常严峻的消息一旦披露,全世界都将作出反应。
