《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金的故事第14期:事与愿违
日期:2015-12-07 12:44

(单词翻译:单击)

霍金的故事

Hello, young man.Do I know you?Stephen Hawking.
你好啊 年轻人 我认识你吗 我是史蒂芬·霍金
I, I applied for you to supervise my Ph.D.
我申请由你来做我的博导
Too busy, was I?Yes, I think so.Brains, balls, and cash.I'm sorry?
我太忙 没接受对吗 我想是的 脑子 胆子 票子 您说什么

Physics, in this country is a battle field and a bloody one.
物理 在这个国家是一个血腥的战场
You need brains which ought to be enough but it isn't,
你得有脑子 这本该够了 但事与愿违
because you need cash to fund whatever your brain is working on.
因为你得有钱去资助你脑子在想的工作
And to get cash no one has in this country,
而你要在这个国家拿到钱
you need balls because they'll try and stop you.
你就得有胆子 因为会有人试图阻止你
You will see. You found the subject?
你走着瞧吧 选好课题了吗
Any ideas?I don't know yet.
有什么想法吗 我还没想好
Well, when you do, remember this:
等你想好了 要记住
You have to fight for what you believe in to the nail,
你要为你相信的事斗争到底
or the buggers will stop you.
否则那些混蛋会阻挡你

重点讲解

1、supervise
指导;监督
University teachers have refused to supervise students' examinations.
大学教师拒绝监考。
He supervised and trained more than 400 volunteers.
他指导和培训了 400 多名志愿者。
管理;主管
He makes the wines and supervises the vineyards.
他酿酒并管理葡萄园。
One of his jobs was supervising the dining room.
他的工作之一是管理餐厅。
2、subject
主题;题目;话题;题材;问题
It was I who first raised the subject of plastic surgery.
是我第一个提到整形手术这个话题的。
the president's own views on the subject.
总统在此问题上的个人观点
(批评、学习、调查的)对象
Over the past few years, some of the positions Mr. Meredith has adopted have made him the subject of criticism.
在过去的几年里,梅雷迪思先生所采取的某些立场使他成为了批评的对象。
He's now the subject of an official inquiry.
他现在是官方调查的对象。
(知识、研究)领域;(尤指)学科,科目,课程
Surprisingly, mathematics was voted their favourite subject.
令人惊讶的是,数学课被选为他们最喜欢的科目。
a tutor in maths and science subjects.
辅导数学和理科课程的家教

分享到
重点单词
  • inquiryn. 打听,询问,调查,查问 =enquiry(英)
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n
  • tutorn. 家庭教师,导师 v. 当家庭教师,当导师,指导
  • surgeryn. 外科,外科手术,诊所
  • supervisevt. 监督,管理,指导