《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金的故事第36期:如此完美
日期:2015-12-29 11:58

(单词翻译:单击)

霍金的故事

We discovered this. We found this, we discovered this.

我们发现了这个 我们找到了它 发现了它

What it is?This clock...It's fine when I got it, when I went to America,

这是什么 这个钟...我拿到时好好的 等我从美国回来


it started to run backwards.

就开始倒着走

Stops my students getting too complacent about that nature of time.

让我的学生对时间的本质 不那么洋洋自得

I don't know why I came here... - Listen to this, music.

我不知道我来做... -听 听音乐

Bach didn't finish it.He died before he finished it.But it's so perfect.

巴赫没写完 他死了 没能完成 但它如此完美

Everything is done before it's so perfect... it doesn't end.

它没有完成就如此完美

You can here it after it stops. Listen.Can you hear?Can you hear?

结束时你还能听到 你听 听到了吗 听到了吗

I'll see you in Cambridge.I thought that was us.So did I.

我们剑桥见 我以为是我们走了呢 我也是

But it wasn't.No, it's them.Backwards now, we are having a time of it.

但不是 对 是他们走了 现在又往后退了 我们要待一段时间了

It is the platform. Platform one.

就怪这站台 一号站台

It's never straight forward here,

这个站台从不直接往前走

you don't know what's going to happen next.

你不知道接下来会发生什么

Sometimes I told my husband about it but he doesn't listen.

我有时候跟我丈夫说 他却听不进去

He just says: "It's Platform one, it's the Cambridge platform,

他只说"一号站台 是剑桥的站台嘛

of course strange things are going to happen,it's the platform for Cambridge.

当然会发生奇怪的事了 "是剑桥的站台嘛"

重点讲解

1、discover

发现(以前不知道的事实)

She discovered that they'd escaped.

她发现他们已经逃跑了。

I discovered I was pregnant.

我发现自己怀孕了。

(第一个)发现

the first European to discover America.

第一个发现美洲大陆的欧洲人

In the 19th century, gold was discovered in California.

19 世纪时,在加利福尼亚发现了金子。

初次接触(某活动并乐在其中)

I wish I'd discovered photography when I was younger.

我要是早点接触到摄影技术就好了。

Discover the delights and luxury of a private yacht.

体验私人游艇的乐趣和奢华。


2、backward

向后的,往后的(一些人亦使用backwards)

He unlocked the door of apartment two and disappeared inside after a backward glance at Larry.

他打开2号公寓的门,回头瞥了拉里一眼,然后就进了房间。

He did a backward flip.

他做了一个后空翻。

倒退的;不进反退的

At a certain age, it's not viable for men to take a backward step into unskilled work.

到了一定的年龄,就不可能再退回去干不需要技能的工作。

Many dentists will no longer treat National Health Service patients, which is a big backward step in this country.

许多牙医不再为依靠国民保健制度的病人看病,这是该国的一大倒退。

迟钝的;学习吃力的

research into teaching techniques to help backward children.

关于帮助落后孩子的教学方法研究

I was slow to walk and talk and my parents thought I was backward.

我学走路和说话都很慢,所以我父母以为我很迟钝。

分享到
重点单词
  • complacentadj. 满足的,自满的,得意的
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • yachtn. 游艇,快艇 vi. 驾快艇
  • flipvt. 掷,弹,轻击 vi. 翻转 n. 空翻,浏览 a
  • viableadj. 能居住的的,能生存的,可行的
  • platformn. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲
  • unskilledadj. 不熟练的,未成熟的,拙劣的
  • luxuryn. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品
  • glancev. 一瞥,扫视,匆匆一看,反光,闪烁,掠过 n. 一瞥