《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金的故事03:生日快乐
日期:2015-11-26 10:32

(单词翻译:单击)

霍金的故事

Goodnight.Goodnight, professor Hoyle.That's Hoyle?That's Hoyle.
"晚安"晚安 霍伊尔教授 那就是霍伊尔吗 那就是霍伊尔
Hello. - Hello?-Who are you?I'm Jane Wilde.
您好 -你好 你是谁 我是简·王尔德
We haven't talked, have we? - No.
我们说过话吗 -没有


I'm a friend of Stephen's.We met at another party and he invited me.
我是史蒂芬的朋友 我们在另一个派对上遇见的 他就请我来
To this party.Isobel? Isobel!
来这个派对 伊泽贝尔 伊泽贝尔
Hello.How are you?Fine.Good. You?
喂 你好吗 挺好 我挺好 你呢
I'm still fine. Thanks.Sorry.
还是挺好的 谢谢 抱歉
You're, your Oh, no, thanks, thank you very much.
你 你的. 没事 谢谢你告诉我
There're terrible thing, aren't they?Yes. Terrible.Thanks.Stephen?
真是讨厌的东西 是不是 是啊 真讨厌 谢谢 史蒂芬
It's a party. People might want to dance.
这是个派对 人家没准儿还想跳舞呢
Can't dance to Wagner.To Stephen. - To Stephen.
瓦格纳的音乐怎么伴舞啊 敬史蒂芬 -敬史蒂芬
Happy birthday.Shall we go outside?What?
生日快乐 我们出去好吗 什么

重点讲解

1、invite
邀请
She invited him to her 26th birthday party in New Jersey.
她邀请他去参加她在新泽西举行的 26 岁生日聚会。
I invited her in for a coffee.
我请她进来喝杯咖啡。
(正式)邀请,请求,要求
At a future date, managers will be invited to apply for a management buy-out.
在将来的某天,经理们将受邀进行管理层收购。
The person concerned would be shown the evidence in private and invited to stand down.
将会向有关人员私下出示该证据,并要求其暂时离开证人席。
招致;诱发;引发
I realise that an Englishman who generalises about Ireland invites trouble.
我意识到英国人如果对爱尔兰问题加以泛化的话会招惹麻烦。
Their refusal to compromise will inevitably invite more criticism from the UN.
他们拒绝妥协必然会引发联合国的更多批评。
2、terrible
非常严重的;骇人的;糟糕的
Tens of thousands more suffered terrible injuries in the world's worst industrial disaster.
还有成千上万的人在那场全世界最严重的工业灾难中受了重伤。
I often have the most terrible nightmares.
我常做很吓人的噩梦。
(感觉或看起来)病得很重的,心情很糟的
He did feel terrible at the time but seems to be fine now.
他当时确实很难受,但现在似乎好了。
Are you all right? You look terrible. Are you sick?
你没事儿吧?你的脸色很难看,生病了吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • compromisen. 妥协,折衷,折衷案 vt. 妥协处理,危害 vi.
  • inevitablyadv. 不可避免地
  • disastern. 灾难