《名人传记》之史蒂芬·霍金的故事第39期:万物化为虚无
日期:2016-01-01 09:05

(单词翻译:单击)

霍金的故事

I'm thinking about time going in the oppsite direction.

我在思考关于时间沿反方向前行

What? Singularities.A collapse, everything into nothing, yes?

什么 奇点 坍圮 是万物化为虚无


So reverse the time so the collapse is an explosion.

那么反过来 坍圮就成了爆炸

Nothing into everything!You're talking about stars?

虚无变为万物 你是说恒星吗

No! No, I'm not talking about stars!

不 不 我不是在说恒星

I'm talking about the beginning of the universe.

我是说宇宙的起源

That Roger Penrose, clever of me to find him.

罗杰·彭罗斯 我找他真是太明智了

I've told you that you could help him.

我就说你能帮到他

He helped himself, I think.That's your other talent.

我想他是自己做到的 这是你的另一个优点

What? - Your preposterous modesty.

什么 -你过分的谦虚

重点讲解

1、collapse

倒塌;塌下

A section of the Bay Bridge had collapsed.

海湾大桥有一段垮塌了。

The roof collapsed in a roar of rock and rubble.

屋顶轰隆一声塌了下来,碎石瓦砾落了一地。

(体系或机构)崩溃,瓦解,突然失败

His business empire collapsed under a massive burden of debt.

他的商业帝国无力承担沉重的债务负担而垮掉了。

This system has collapsed in most countries where it ruled.

这一体系在其占统治地位的大多数国家都失败了。

(因生病或虚弱)突然倒下,昏倒

He collapsed following a vigorous exercise session at his home.

在家剧烈运动了一阵后他突然昏倒了。

It's commonplace to see people collapsing from hunger in the streets.

在街上看见有人饿晕是很平常的事。


2、universe

宇宙

Einstein's equations showed the Universe to be expanding.

爱因斯坦的方程式表明宇宙正在膨胀。

Early astronomers thought that our planet was the centre of the universe.

早期的天文学家认为我们的星球是宇宙的中心。

经验领域

Good writers suck in what they see of the world, recreating their own universe on the page.

优秀的作家从他们眼中的世界汲取体验,然后在纸上重塑自己的天地。

They marked out the boundaries of our visual universe.

他们标出了我们视觉经验领域的界限。

分享到
重点单词
  • commonplaceadj. 平凡的,陈腐的 n. 常事,老生常谈,普通的东
  • collapsen. 崩溃,倒塌,暴跌 v. 倒塌,崩溃,瓦解,折叠
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的
  • expanding扩展的,扩充的
  • explosionn. 爆炸,爆发,激增
  • planetn. 行星
  • vigorousadj. 精力充沛的,元气旺盛的,有力的
  • preposterousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • reversen. 相反,背面,失败,倒档 adj. 反面的,相反的,
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界