听电影《返老还童》学英语第60期:我要跟你生一个孩子
日期:2012-09-24 20:21

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

I'm not hiding it.
我没有隐瞒。  
Okay.
好吧。  
What's your worst fear? Baby born like me.
你最怕什么? 孩子生下来会像我。  
Then I will love it all the more.
那我就会更爱她。  
Okay.
好吧。  
How can I be a father when I'm heading in the other direction?
我一直变年轻怎么能当爸爸?  
It's not fair to a child.
这对孩子不公平。  
I don't wanna be anybody's burden.
我不想当任何人的负担。  
Sugar, we all end up in diapers.
我们迟早都会包尿布。  
I am gonna make this work.
我会想办法的。  
I want this and I want it with you.
我要跟你生一个孩子。  
I want you to have everything you want, all of it.
你要什么我都给你。
I'm just not sure how to reconcile this.
只是我不知道该怎么做才好。  
Would you tell a blind man he couldn't have children?
你会对盲人说他不能有小孩?  
Here you go.
来了。  
You'll be a father for as long as you can.
你能当爸爸多久就算多久。  
I know the consequences. I've accepted that.
我知道后果,我也能接受。
Loving you is worth everything to me.
对我来说,爱你一切都值得。  
I have to go pee.
我得去尿尿。  
The oldest woman to ever swim the English Channel...
她是史上游过英吉利海峡年纪最大的女人。 
arrived here today in Calais...
今天做客这里。
Keep it.
不用找。
having made the swim in 34 hours, 22 minutes and 1 4 seconds.
她花了34小时22分钟14秒。  
The 68-year-old Elizabeth Abbott arrived at 5:38 Greenwich mean time...
68岁的伊莉莎白艾毕,在格林威治时间5点38分到达。 
exhausted but happy.
她很累,但是很开心。  
Ms. Abbott, how would you sum up, in words, this achievement?
你对这个成就有什么话想说?  
I suppose...
我估计。 
anything's possible. Heh, heh, heh.
什么都有可能。

妙语佳句
1.all the more
adv. 更加;愈发
But that only makes it all the more shocking that politicians have done so little.
然而那样做只会使情况更加糟糕,而政客们做的非常少。
2.in the other direction
在另一个方向;在对面方向
When that argument failed, the search firm put diplomacy aside and stopped the automatic flow of data in the other direction.
但当这样的理由被驳回之后,谷歌把外交放在一边,停止了向其他方向自动传输数据的功能。
3.end up in
在…结束;最后到了…;以…结束
The theives only want your money, while the ID that YOU do need will just end up in the nearest trash can.
贼们只是要你的现金,而你的身份证,他们是不需要的,可能最后也只是落得个进入垃圾埇的下场。
4.reconcile
使一致;使和解;调停,调解;使顺从
All efforts to reconcile her with her husband were in vain.
使她与她丈夫和解的一切努力都白费了。
5.Calais
加来(法国城市);卡莱斯牌汽车
After taking off from Calais, France, Bleriot flew an average of 40 mph just 250 feet above the water.
从法国加来起飞后,飞机平均飞行速度为每小时40英里,距水面仅为250英尺。
考考你
翻译
1.我一直变年轻怎么能当爸爸?
2.她是史上游过英吉利海峡年纪最大的女人。
上期答案
1.She opened a studio and taught young girls how to dance.
2.I wanna remember us just as we are now.

分享到
重点单词
  • headingn. 标题,题目,航向 动词head的现在分词
  • channeln. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法 vt. 引导
  • vainadj. 徒劳的,无效的,自负的,虚荣的
  • achievementn. 成就,成绩,完成,达到
  • diplomacyn. 外交
  • reconcilevt. 和解,调和,妥协 vi. 调和
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟