听电影《返老还童》学英语第39期:最美丽的女人
日期:2012-08-16 09:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

Did I ever tell you I've been struck by lightning seven times?
我说过我被闪电打中七次吗?  
Once when I was sitting in my truck just minding my own business.
有一次我坐在货车打发时间。
You realize what's changed is you.
你发现唯一改变的是你。
And late one morning, not long after I'd been back...
我回来不久,有一天早上。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Hey.
嘿。
Excuse me, is Queenie here?
请问昆妮在吗?
Daisy?
黛丝? 
It's me, Benjamin.
是我,班哲明。
Benjamin?
班哲明?  
Oh, my God.
我的天啊!
Of course it's you. Benjamin.
当然是你!班哲明!
How are you? It's been such a long time.
你好吗?好久不见了。
There's so much I want to know. When did you get back?
我想知道一切,你几时回来?
Well, I got back a few weeks ago.I spoke to Queenie.
几个星期前,昆妮告诉我。
She said you were in the war, somewhere at sea.
昆妮说你去当兵,好像是海军。
We was so worried about you. Oh, I'm okay.
我们好担心你,我没事。
Well, look at you.
看看你。
You're so lovely.
你好漂亮。
You stopped writing.
你后来没再写信。
When I had left, she was a girl.
我离开时,她是个女孩。 
And a woman had taken her place.
现在变成了一个女人。 
She was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.
她是我见过最美丽的女人。

妙语佳句
1.not long after
不久;不久以后;曾几何时
What brought this home to me was my father who said, not long after she died, that he has decided to go on living.
这个消息是我父亲带给我的,在她死后不久,他决定继续生活,他说这不是放任而是期望。
2.It's been such a long time
好久不见了;也可表示为"Long time no see"
Long time no see ! all work and no play makes me busy ,aha .
好久不见了,哈哈工作逼得我没时间去拜访你。
3.in the war
在战争中;

这里译为"去当兵"此外也可用"join the army/serve in the army"表达当兵的意思。
Although forced to serve in the army, they could not become officers.
虽然被迫服兵役,但他们不能成为军官。
4.take her place
取代她的位置
In her day, she was the best sportswoman around, but now younger women have taken her place.
在她事业的顶峰时,她是这里周围地区最好的女运动员,但是现在,年轻的女运动员取代了她的位置。
考考你
翻译:
1.我说过我被闪电打中七次吗?    
2.她是我见过最美丽的女人。
上期答案:
1.Mr. Weathers died in his sleep one night last April.
2.You'll be staying in what was Mrs. DeSeroux's old room.

分享到
重点单词
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪