听电影《返老还童》学英语第36期:向心中有梦想的人道别
日期:2012-08-13 12:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

They shot the hell out of my painting.
他们把我的作品射烂了。
Give me your hand.
把手给我。  
You'll be all right, captain.
你不会有事的。  
They got a nice spot in heaven waiting for you. Nice spot.
你在天堂会有一个好位置。  
You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went.
你可以像疯狗一样疯狂。  
You could swear...
或是讲粗口。
curse the Fates...
闹命运之神。 
but when it comes to the end...
但是到了最后。
you have to let go.
你还是得看开。  
Captain?
船长?
Thirteen-hundred and twenty-eight men died that day.
那天有1328人丧命。
I said my goodbyes to the Cherokee, Dennis Smith...
我向印第安人和尊格连道别。
.John Grimm, who was right, he was gonna die there.
尊说的对,他会死在海上。
I sent Pleasant Curtis' wife his money.
我把小潘的钱寄给他太太。
I said goodbye to the twin, Vic Brody...
我也向双胞胎道永别。 
and to Mike Clark, captain of the tugboat Chelsea.
和切尔西号拖船船长米高克拉克。
I said goodbye to all the other men who had dreams of their own...
我向所有心中有梦想的人道别。
all the men who wanted to be insurance salesmen or doctors...
有些人想当保险业务或医生。
or lawyers or Indian chiefs.
或是律师或是印第安酋长。
This don't get fixed.
他们死得很冤枉。
Out here, death didn't seem natural.
在大海中,死亡感觉很不自然。

妙语佳句
1.out of
由于;缺乏;自…离开;用…(材料)
He bustled her out of the hot house.
他催促她快走出那间闷热的房子。
2.say goodbye to
告辞,告别
Say goodbye to your child every day, but as said before do not prolong the agony.
每天跟你的孩子说再见,但是说之前不要延长他的苦恼。
3.insurance
保险;保险费;保险契约;赔偿金
I balanced the benefits against the costs of medical insurance.
我权衡了医疗保险的好处和它的花费。
4.chief
n. 首领;酋长;主要部分
adj. 首席的;主要的;主任的
The chief engineer was represented at the meeting by his secretary.
总工程师的秘书代表总工程师参加了会议。
5.as mad as
像什么一样疯狂
mad
疯狂的;发疯的;愚蠢的;着迷的
There is both mad delight and infinite irony in the thought of my ashes scattered to the four winds, sown frenetically in space, an eternal reproach to the world.
在我思想的灰烬中,同时存在一种疯狂的喜悦和一种无止尽的讽刺,而这被分割成四股风,在空间里散播,这是对于世界永恒的批判。
考考你
翻译:
1.你在天堂会有一个好位置。    
2.我向所有心中有梦想的人道别。
上期答案:
1.The chief gunner loved the Navy. But most of all, he loved America.
2.They say they won't fight on conscience.

分享到
重点单词
  • ironyn. 反讽,讽剌,讽剌之事
  • agonyn. 极度的痛苦,挣扎
  • reproachn. 责备,耻辱 v. 责备,申斥
  • infiniteadj. 无限的,无穷的 n. 无限
  • tugboatn. 拖船
  • prolongvt. 延长,拖延
  • eternaladj. 永久的,永恒的 n. 永恒的事
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • delightn. 高兴,快乐 v. (使)高兴,(使)欣喜
  • cursen. 诅咒,咒骂,祸端 vt. 咒骂,诅咒,使受罪 vi