听电影《返老还童》学英语第6期:相互欣赏对方
日期:2012-07-08 12:50

(单词翻译:单击)

原文欣赏

The air is sweet.
空气很清新。
You look very handsome tonight, Miss Queenie.
昆妮小姐,你今晚很美。
Handsome as I ever seen.
我没见过你这么美。
The brown matches your eyes.
咖啡色洋装和你的眼睛很搭。
Oh, hush.
收声啦。
Now, see here. You ain't no slouch yourself.
让我看看,你也长得很帅嘛。
Hambert's back in town.
韩柏回来了。
He came home legless, but, uh, he home.
他失去双腿,但是回家了。
I know you were sweet on him one time...Ugh.
我知道你喜欢过他。
Miss Simone messed herself.
西蒙小姐尿裤子。
Sweeter than I should've been.
我不该那么喜欢他。
Oh, sweet Jesus. She got to stop doing that or it's diapers for her.
真是的,她再这样下去就得包尿布。
Be right there, Miss Jameson,Queenie.
我马上来,詹森小姐,昆妮,别走。
Now, come on,Okay, Queenie, Queenie'll be right there.
别走嘛,好了,昆妮马上就来。
Come on out back for a moment.Take your mind off things.
同我下去,别担心那么多。
It's awful nice out here.
外面好舒服。 
You're so bad. Wah.
你真坏。  
What in God's name? What's this?
搞什么鬼? 那是什么?
Oh, the Lord done something here.
上帝一定在开玩笑。
Hope I didn't hurt it none stepping on it like that.
希望我绊到他没把他弄伤。
We best leave that for the police.
最好把他交给警察处理。
Poor baby.
可怜的宝贝。
I'll go.
我去报警。
It's for sure nobody wanted to keep it.
一定没人要他。
Come on, baby.
来吧,宝贝。

妙语佳句
1.match
比赛/火柴,在此处表示"配"的意思
例如:
If the first character of a list is a caret, it matches any character not in the list.
如果一个列表的首字符是 ^ 符号,它就匹配不在这个清单中的任何字符。
2.He came home legless
legless 无腿的;醉醺醺的
例如:
When the time comes for anthropologists to turn their attention to the twentieth century, they will surely choose the label "Legless Man".
当人类学家把他们的目光投向20世纪的时 候,他们肯定会选择“无腿人”这个标签。
3.I know you were sweet on him.
be sweet on 爱上,极喜欢
be sweet on somebody 热恋某人
此外"fall in love with, take a fancy to"也有此意
例如:
They may be sweet on each other, but she soon decides they're parentally challenged.
他们可能爱上了对方,但朱诺很快决定他们要像父母一样挑战。
Sometime I don't understand why I take a fancy to you . The feel is strangling and confusing for myself.
有些时候我甚至不明白为什麽我要喜欢上你,这种感觉之于我而言是多麽地陌生而困惑。
4.diaper n. 尿布 vt. 给孩子换尿布
5.Take your mind off 把注意力从...转到...
例如:
Find things you like to do that can take your mind off of…your mind! It will also make you feel better about yourself.
找到你喜欢做的能让你的头脑从…你的思维离开的事情!它将会让你感觉对自己更好。
Or just get together with someone you love and talk about something else entirely, just to take your mind off whatever is haunting you, give it a break.
或者就跟你爱的人在一起,聊些毫不相关的事,只为了把你的注意力从使你烦恼的事中解脱出来。
考考你:
翻译:
1.我知道你喜欢过他。
2.最好把他交给警察处理。
上期答案:
1.Is this what you wanna do?
2.I will go out of this world the same way I came in,alone and with nothing.

分享到
重点单词
  • confusingadj. 使人困惑的,令人费解的 动词confuse的现
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • hauntingadj. 不易忘怀的 动词haunt的现在分词
  • slouchn. 没精打采的样子,耷拉,笨人 v. 没精打采地站,坐
  • hushn. 肃静,安静,沉默 vi. 安静下来,掩饰 vt.
  • caretn. 脱字符号,( 符号:^ 文章中插字使用)